Author Topic: Challenge build: HK-147  (Read 1349 times)

Fins

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Challenge build: HK-147
« on: October 07, 2023, 05:10:56 pm »
Been thinking a good while about shaping up a build for Dominating which would only deal damage with things which do at least some fire / heat damage, for a challenge run. This here is what i figured out so far - please advice if it can be anyhow improved: /build/?HgMOBwMGAwojMgDCoAAAwqAyMgAnUFAyPFoAAMKURksAKwE5HcKawqMWAj5aS8KFwpEwVsK0KeKnvgrita4F374&__cpo=aHR0cHM6Ly91bmRlcnJhaWwuaW5mbw .

Attaching a screenie of the same for convinience.

Basically, it'll use the following:

- Plasma and Incendiary pistols;

- frag, HE, incendiary and plasma grenades;

- incendiary traps;

- all the fire abilities from Metathermics (thus 140 effective for 100% damage from TD);

- all the fancy support stuff from Temporal Maniputation (thus 70 hard points for Stasis);

- 8.6 incendiary ammo crafted sniper rifle for special occasions when it's _really_ desired to have at least some long-range firepower (e.g. beach defenses).

Decided not to go SMG route with incendiary ammo - it's hella expensive to spray it any much, and requires a few perks to be good, which in turn require higher Guns so more skill points, too. Obviously, main trouble for the build will be robots with their very high resistance to heat, but energy damage from plasma pistol and grenades, plus sufficient hacking (meaning, AI scrambler and most of the time using quest paths relying on hacking to avoid fighting robots) - should suffice. The rest - all the squishy meatbags? Heck yeah, burn 'em all.

P.S. This challenge may look not much of a challenge, but consider this: only dealing damage with things having heat / fire component in them - means no bear traps _whatsoever_, no stuns, no damage-dealing incapacitations, no freezing things, no electrocuting things, no Toxic Gas, no Corrosive Acid, no mind tricks from Thought Control - i.e. pretty much nothing of the usual cheap crowd control stuff, the only CC thing being fear on living things whenever set on fire. No laser pistols nor electro pistols, too. This run is going to be my next, though i'm still quite far from completing my current one (to finish DC and then whole Expedition to do); thus, any good advice about this build - will be greatly appreciated even few months forward. Thanks in advance, too!

P.P.S. Why HK-147 for the name? Because one certain HK-47 robot enjoyed dissing 'em meatbags whatever way possible, and upgrading to flamethrowers and such feels just the way an upgraded model would deal with the squishy, sloshy, irritating sacks of bodily fluids. :D
our lifestyles, mores, institutions, patterns of interaction, values, and expectations are shaped by a cultural heritage that was formed in a time when carrying capacity exceeded the human load. (c) William R. Catton, Jr