Author Topic: Materials lagging way behind crafting  (Read 6152 times)

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Materials lagging way behind crafting
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2016, 11:43:53 pm »
No aspersions toward Rein. If I came off that way it was unintentional...text vs speech can be tricky that way. But, am I wrong in saying that Super Steel has a slightly lower crit chance than regular steel? Or a lower crit damage modifier? I'll check again, but I'm pretty sure that's the case.

Edit: Did some confirmation testing. Super Steel is 1% lower crit chance than Steel, but has a 15% better shield penetration. I haven't come across a ton of enemies that use shields, so I guess the question is about whether they will become much more frequent, and how much more penetration is 15%. Ultimately it's up to me I suppose.

More edits: I should also point out that after 6 tries, I have not been able to get better quality Super over normal Steel. But if I did, ofc that would make it superior. I'm assuming quality being equal with my testing.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 12:03:06 am by Hal900x »

reinhark

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2016, 12:42:06 am »
No aspersions toward Rein. If I came off that way it was unintentional...text vs speech can be tricky that way. But, am I wrong in saying that Super Steel has a slightly lower crit chance than regular steel? Or a lower crit damage modifier? I'll check again, but I'm pretty sure that's the case.

Edit: Did some confirmation testing. Super Steel is 1% lower crit chance than Steel, but has a 15% better shield penetration. I haven't come across a ton of enemies that use shields, so I guess the question is about whether they will become much more frequent, and how much more penetration is 15%. Ultimately it's up to me I suppose.

More edits: I should also point out that after 6 tries, I have not been able to get better quality Super over normal Steel. But if I did, ofc that would make it superior. I'm assuming quality being equal with my testing.

I am going to clarify one thing. 15% shield penetration is negligible in the grand scheme of things.
a. Only ones who uses it are very high end, humanoid enemies.(I.E: Arena, proterctorates)
(actually, few plasma sentries uses it too, but that's not really important)
b. Even very high quality low frequency shields will only defend ~30 melee damage.
 = meaning 15% will just do 5 additional TOTAL damage tops, when enemy just happen to have shields up and have incredibly good shield generator.

DC enemies tend not to use shields.

Additional hints:
Which means IF quality of ALL the metals are the same and you are crafting knife of any description:
Tichrome is better any of them if it lowers AP requirement and allows additional attacks per turn.
Tungsten is always better than Steel.(assuming you have weaponsmith feat)
Steel is better or equal to Supersteel.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 01:46:23 am by reinhark »
Self-proclaimed great cheater. Frequent game breaker. Liberator of limitations.

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2016, 07:51:02 am »
That's the conclusions I came to as well. But at my current level and build, the TiChrome AP savings point won't quite gain me an extra attack. So I don't think I'm going to start with Tungsten dagger, as I just picked up the Weaponsmith feat. Later when I have leveled up the Mechanics to handle it, I'll hopefully score a piece of very high quality Super Steel.

By the way, I have spent literally days checking every vendor in the game, many many restocks, and still have not found an Electroshock generator to compete with the one in the knife I found off random mob at level 10ish. I have found plenty of the item itself, but the quality has never exceeded 108, which is still not as good as the one in this green knife.

X41823T

• Zoner
  • Psionic scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2016, 08:10:14 am »
Make 'em 'silvery rounds' and eventually you'll come across some 120-130'ish quality crafting components...
Tchort institute > Core City > Oculus wait 60-90 minutes, rinse 'n repeat.
"We don't have to dream that we're important" ~ Robert House, CEO of RobCo.