Author Topic: Strange website for Build links, Good Sniper\smg or sniper\AR build  (Read 3375 times)

Crysos_Morturg

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Im new here, and whenever I want to look at builds that other people posting here I get directed to that strange german website that requires way too much personal information. Can someone explain to me what is that? http://underrail.info.tm/?build=AwGloJgVhGGYQEZQDYloQxcYsWAqfbGEkFAFlivCWCrIoHYQckIaDbb8JW0isBFBZQAnORhN8TBEypMpEgBzAgA, for example, this one here. Its from sniper\smg build topic. While im on it, can anyone recommend me good Sniper\smg or sniper\ar builds? Thanks in advance. I just really don't want to play psi build since I despise any kind of witchcraft and sorcery. 
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 04:40:03 am by Crysos_Morturg »

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: Strange website for Build links, Good Sniper\smg or sniper\AR build
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 06:20:29 am »
The character builder has moved.  Remove the .tm from the URL and you'll be fine.

Crysos_Morturg

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 08:32:49 pm »
The character builder has moved.  Remove the .tm from the URL and you'll be fine.
Thanks man, but after that build is reset, leaving the schematic blank

Crysos_Morturg

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2020, 09:45:50 pm »
Here is what i come up with so far
https://underrail.info/build/?GgUDCQMQAwfCjDwAAABGwoJaOAAzZGQ0MmQAAAAAAAB5ATkxGTs1Hn4CWzczSVPCpMKt4pyaBuKcpAXfvw
feel free to criticize and make adjustment. This is for easy\normal first playthrough with classic EXP.

Ploluap

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2020, 03:13:46 pm »
Not bad, but i would go 7 strength and full auto if i were you.

7 strength is good for full auto but also for more carry capacity and for getting less fucked up by crippling strike which inflicts -2 str.
I'm Potoldski on discord

Crysos_Morturg

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2020, 05:09:17 pm »
Not bad, but i would go 7 strength and full auto if i were you.

7 strength is good for full auto but also for more carry capacity and for getting less fucked up by crippling strike which inflicts -2 str.
But wouldn't that cripple my overall dps? since i will have to take out points from perception. 5 strength I took solely for sniper rifle, how big is the chance to get fucked up by crippling strikes?

Bruno

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2020, 05:54:51 pm »
If you get hit with crippling strike in melee range with your build (sniper/smg), then you have to switch to the smg already, sniper has harsh close combat penalty. That is what you have the smg for, short range bursts. And since the smg has no strength requirement, it does not matter how many crippling strikes you get hit by.

(However, if you get ambushed in melee with 3 constitution and no dodge or heavy armor... well you really want to avoid that.)

Full-Auto is not a bad idea in itself, more power to the smg is nice, but then, you really want to switch to assault rifles instead, they are more powerful. So you are leaning into another kind of build there, with the sniper as more of a backup.

Crysos_Morturg

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2020, 09:44:46 pm »
If you get hit with crippling strike in melee range with your build (sniper/smg), then you have to switch to the smg already, sniper has harsh close combat penalty. That is what you have the smg for, short range bursts. And since the smg has no strength requirement, it does not matter how many crippling strikes you get hit by.

(However, if you get ambushed in melee with 3 constitution and no dodge or heavy armor... well you really want to avoid that.)

Full-Auto is not a bad idea in itself, more power to the smg is nice, but then, you really want to switch to assault rifles instead, they are more powerful. So you are leaning into another kind of build there, with the sniper as more of a backup.
You right, I don't want to lean into that, sniping given priority one. So I will just have to avoid intense CQC at all cost. But that build is still viable for first playthrough on normal, correct?

Crysos_Morturg

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2020, 09:51:50 pm »
https://underrail.info/build/?GgUDCQMQAwfCjDwAAABGwoJaOAAzZGQ0MmQAAAAAAAB5ATkxGTUCfjM7Ux5bN0nCpMKt4pyaBuKcpAXfvw Here is the most recent version of that build I came up with so far, just shuffled around feats acquiring levels