Author Topic: How do I regenerate psi power?  (Read 2337 times)

WCG

• Noob
    • View Profile
How do I regenerate psi power?
« on: February 11, 2015, 02:24:20 am »
I just started the game, creating a psionic character. But I'm apparently missing something, because I can't figure out how to regenerate my psi power. (I checked the wiki, but it says nothing at all about that.)

My character's health regenerates, slowly, but his psi power doesn't. I can go back to the doctor for healing, but that doesn't affect my psi power at all. I can't figure out how to sleep in my character's bed, or to rest in any other way, either. So how do I do it?

I haven't even found Jonas yet, though he's supposed to be on the way to my very first assignment, and I'm already out of psi power. (I have no other combat skills.) So I'm really at the very start of the game, yet I'm stuck.  Any help, please?

I know I can buy... potions (or whatever they're called) from the doctor, and even a recipe so I can make them myself. But as a beginning character I have nowhere near that kind of money. Plus, there's got to be something I'm missing, I know. But I sure can't figure it out.

PS. I'm having a hard enough time just posting this question. Does it have to be this difficult? I've already had to rewrite it, since I can't see the image verification well enough, and trying to use the spoken version just lost me the entire post. Oh, well, let's hope this one works!

WCG

• Noob
    • View Profile
Re: How do I regenerate psi power?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 06:41:06 pm »
OK, thanks much. That clears up a lot of my confusion (including why I was having such a hard time finding Jonas).

Since I just started, I might start over with a different character. I suspect that it will be difficult playing a psionic character without any psi ability - especially since I already used most of my ammo (bullets and bolts, both) trying to find Jonas. Heh, heh.

But we'll see. Thanks again for the info. I'm really impressed with this game, so far. Still in alpha? That's actually hard to believe.

Bill

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 08:47:15 pm »
Well, it's been for a while. The way I read it, beta is feature complete.

As for starting, you should start out with that crossbow and pistol (punch the targets in SGS to save ammunition), + some base PSI, that ought to be enough for a start.
PSI starts getting real useful in a few levels.
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

warp9

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 10:35:05 pm »
This will change in the next version though (psi will completely regenerate in only a few turns), that should make starting a purely psionic character much easier.
So I take it that the Shroomhead feat will be changing somewhat to reflect this new state of affairs?