Author Topic: One more go before i get drafted!  (Read 2106 times)

kngsnghun

• Noob
    • View Profile
One more go before i get drafted!
« on: May 23, 2015, 04:00:58 am »
playing the good old Underrail once again, before i get drafted to military (S.Korea)

i was waiting for the final release, but i guess it'll have to wait. i wont be coming back to gaming for the next 2 years...

anyway, i made a new stealth/knife/pistol character. i was fooling around with unarmed fighter but i trashed it since it sucked so bad.

str 3
dex 9
agi 9
con 3
per 9
int 4

gun 15
melee 15
dodge 15
evasion 15
stealth 15
lock 15
hack 15
mech 15

i need a little help with leveling up my guy. im kinda bad at creating old school rpg characters so i tend to screw up with bunch of skillpoints and stuff
if there's anyone who've already built one similar to mine, please give a guide how i should level my character.

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: One more go before i get drafted!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 10:22:21 am »
First of, my condolences.

So, you want to go the backstabby route?
In that case, sooner or later I'd suggest getting an Electro-Pistol.
Levelup points can go into both Dex and Perception, though you have to be extremely careful given your low health. You'll probably want both on 10 or 11.
You don't have much in the way of crafting, either; not sure if the point of int is worth it.
Later on, you can skimp a bit on dodge and evasion as they synergize, granting enough bonuses to get to max anyways.
You didn't list WIL, so I assume it's 3. That's a valid choice, I suppose. Should you ever have the points, it can be worthwhile to get electrokinesis anyway for the stun option.
Perks that incapacitate and help exploit weaknesses will be very useful to make the most of that stealth, and additional gun bonuses can't hurt, either.

I recommend Opportunist, Cutthroat, Gunslinger, and Execute.
You also want nimble.
As for unarmed: A real unarmed character is only feasible with Psi, where you can effectively hit a target 30 times a round. Otherwise, it's about combat gloves.
Others will be able to give more substantiated tips, I haven't played stealth since my first forays into the game.... a long time back.
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 06:05:20 pm »
Salute to you, sir, for serving your country.

The final version will be waiting for you when you get back, worry not. ;)

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 12:35:03 am »
First of all, congratulations!
You have the opportunity to serve your country, so serve her well.
Show your best qualities, be persistent in military service.
I myself served in the Russian Army, and whatever I wrote, it wouldn't be enough.
I heard that in Asian countries in the military business is even tougher than ours.

As for your build, for my taste it is too smeared.
The key problem is Perception, which taken too much statpoints.
If you exclude pistol part from build, you can lower Perception to 4, and you will end up with strong melee build.

kngsnghun

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 03:33:58 am »
Thank you so much for all your support and information!

I was getting really anxious since i go to boot camp in 7 days, but now i feel much better cause of you guys :)

also Wildan, thank you so much for the detailed information and awesome charts! I've decided to trash my current character(which was a mess) and followed your guide. i still have 7 days to play anyway!

See you guys after 2 years!