Author Topic: Help with DC, possible bug (SPOILERS)  (Read 5453 times)

Megaost

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Help with DC, possible bug (SPOILERS)
« on: March 06, 2016, 09:14:48 am »
Hi folks! I'll skip the usual introductory phrases about how awesome this game is and who I am, and get straight to the point:

I've recently gotten to Deep Caverns, but I have no idea where to start to tackle the area. I got frustrated and looked up a video on youtube and did some googling just to see how to get started, and I noticed that it seems like you are supposed to meet Six in the first room of DC. However, this never happened to me, and upon reloading and going straight inside the little building in the first room of the zone (which looked like it triggered him in a youtube video I watched), he still does not appear.

From what I can gather, he is supposed to tell me what I aim to accomplish down there, so him not showing up is a bit lame.

Have I messed something up, or is this a bug?
Playing on Version 1.0.1.4
I am allied with The Oculus and have finished the Wit Nosek quest.
Last I saw of Six was him teleporting out of the West Wing of Institute of Tchort before the invasion, after he talked to me and told me I was in danger.
I am on good terms with the faceless(saved their dude, did everything in a peaceful way).

Any and all help appreciated!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 09:27:26 am by Megaost »

Dizzy

• Zoner
  • How to catch a unique rabbit? You neek' up on it.
    • View Profile
Re: Help with DC, possible bug (SPOILERS)
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 03:52:12 pm »
Hi folks! I'll skip the usual introductory phrases about how awesome this game is and who I am, and get straight to the point:

I've recently gotten to Deep Caverns, but I have no idea where to start to tackle the area. I got frustrated and looked up a video on youtube and did some googling just to see how to get started, and I noticed that it seems like you are supposed to meet Six in the first room of DC. However, this never happened to me, and upon reloading and going straight inside the little building in the first room of the zone (which looked like it triggered him in a youtube video I watched), he still does not appear.

From what I can gather, he is supposed to tell me what I aim to accomplish down there, so him not showing up is a bit lame.

Have I messed something up, or is this a bug?
Playing on Version 1.0.1.4
I am allied with The Oculus and have finished the Wit Nosek quest.
Last I saw of Six was him teleporting out of the West Wing of Institute of Tchort before the invasion, after he talked to me and told me I was in danger.
I am on good terms with the faceless(saved their dude, did everything in a peaceful way).

Any and all help appreciated!

Do you have a save before DC?

Maybe try re-entering DC to check if he shows up. Or there's something I don't know, and he might not show up under certain circumstances.

dirtman

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 06:08:38 pm »
in my current playthrough, he also didn't appear. i wanted to report it as a possible bug but totally forgot about it. did you try an older save like Dizzy suggested?

Dizzy

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 07:51:33 pm »
I decided to try and replicate the problem with my own saves.

I had no luck trying several different playthroughs worth of saves. Still not sure what might cause him to not appear.

Megaost

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 01:53:41 am »
Tried to reload now to a part before I met with Six in the West Wing. I picked up Terry Baker's keycard and told Vera about it (because I hadn't finished that quest last time I tried, just testing random stuff at this point), and I also talked to the Faceless in the west wing BEFORE I talked to Six in the same section.

Still the bug persists. Eidein died in the invasion on both saves, does this matter? I sort of assumed that this is what is supposed to happen.

So yeah, no luck here. Really appreciate your replies though, I want to get this stuff sorted out if it's possible.

Did either of you ally with the Faceless?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 01:55:13 am by Megaost »

Dizzy

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 04:58:19 am »
Tried to reload now to a part before I met with Six in the West Wing. I picked up Terry Baker's keycard and told Vera about it (because I hadn't finished that quest last time I tried, just testing random stuff at this point), and I also talked to the Faceless in the west wing BEFORE I talked to Six in the same section.

Still the bug persists. Eidein died in the invasion on both saves, does this matter? I sort of assumed that this is what is supposed to happen.

So yeah, no luck here. Really appreciate your replies though, I want to get this stuff sorted out if it's possible.

Did either of you ally with the Faceless?

2 of my saves allied with them, he still appeared.

Need more people to report this with details.

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2016, 08:56:29 am »
Six should always appear in DC, no matter what happens before. Even if you attacked him he'll show up, but in that case he'll have a different response. So this is a bug. Could you post or PM me your save (Dropbox or Google drive will do) so that I can check it out? One can still finish DC without meeting Six, but that's obviously not what we intended, not to mention that the end game can already be pretty confusing and difficult.

Megaost

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 11:46:53 am »
Six should always appear in DC, no matter what happens before. Even if you attacked him he'll show up, but in that case he'll have a different response. So this is a bug. Could you post or PM me your save (Dropbox or Google drive will do) so that I can check it out? One can still finish DC without meeting Six, but that's obviously not what we intended, not to mention that the end game can already be pretty confusing and difficult.

I'd love to send you a savefile! Just have a quick question first, I'm assuming you want me to send a file located in the My Games/Underrail/Saves folder, do you want me to link the entire folder with my deep caverns save, or a specific file from within it? Each save folder contains seven files, along with a screenshot.

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2016, 12:12:05 pm »
Whole folder, please. :) Best if you packed it with winrar or similar.

Megaost

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2016, 12:31:58 pm »
Sendt you a PM with the link now.

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2016, 01:30:18 pm »
Okay, turns out that the save file was somehow corrupted. It was fixable, and the fixed save is in transit. We aren't sure why this is happening yet, but we are looking into it. If anyone else has a save where this happens, feel free to post it or pm it to me and state which version of the game you're currently playing on, which was the version when you started your playthrough as well as before you did the newest update (in case you skipped one or more).

EDIT: Also a save from before the update would be useful, preferably when you meet the person that is missing later on.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 01:41:48 pm by PhrygianDominant »

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2016, 03:52:13 pm »
Alright, guys, here's the deal: We've found out what caused the issue and fixed it for the next update. It turns out that when Six teleports away after the player speaks with him at the Institute, in some cases his characters does not save properly, preventing him from showing up at the start of DC; in some of his other appearances he is directly spawned during a cutscene, so the problem does not manifest there. So the current workaround is not to save your game once you've spoken to him at the Institute (if you want to speak with him, that is). Go through his dialog and reload. Your choices there will not influence anything major but will only change some of his responses once you meet a bit later, so you won't be losing much.

Now, there's also a bit of bad news: We've done some changes to the game code and it turns out (as Megaost later informed me) that the fixed saves do not work in the release version. It would require too much work to make the saves compatible, so everyone who has been affected will have to wait for the update. However, it is entirely possible to finish DC without Six's help; the quests he gives you should also be given later once you come near your objectives. I recommend you find a Youtube video, read what he has to say and continue your game. Or wait for the update, but we don't know yet when it will be released.

Sorry for the inconvenience and the long post. tl;dr: Not available.

Megaost

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2016, 09:23:53 pm »
Apex!

Seboss

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2016, 11:29:19 pm »
Oh this is why I could not make heads or tails of what I'm supposed to do in DC :p

Will the update allow Six to appear even though I already explored quite a bit of DC, or will we have to rollback to a save located before Six meeting place (like the cp_Deepcaverns autosave for example)?

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2016, 09:48:40 am »
DC is confusing enough as it is, so not having Six there to give you any directions... well, it sucks. :D

Six will appear on his spot once the update is released. No need for reloading.