Author Topic: New player looking to do a shotgun/trap/granade build and looking for sugestions  (Read 1159 times)

Raypoint

• Noob
    • View Profile
Ive had underrail for quite a bit but have bounced off it a few times trying to beat it. I want to commit fully and play through the game. I looked at a few builds on the site already but im looking for mostly to run shotgun for most of my problems and using traps and granades as a fallback

PaposikG6

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Shotgun + grenades is a perfectly fine build. You can either build it to wear heavy tungsten metal armor, light metal armor with armor sloping and nimble or make a more mobile build but less tanky with leather armor.

Most important is to start with at least 5 strength (to be able to use shotguns), 5 dexterity (for leading shot feat) and 9+ perception so you can grab fragmented chaos feat later, it also scales your guns skill which influences your damage and accuracy.
Valor's favorite poster

dddmemaybe

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Well be careful about "single target ranged weapon" feats because shotguns count as "aoe pellet" machines pretty much. The most extreme pellet type is accounting for 20 projectiles for 1 attack.

Here is a pretty legit level 10 filled-out build that you can finish the rest as you please. I put in the most mandatory feats for that build you want to be very legit.
https://underrail.info/build/?CgUGBgYMAwQ8KwAAAAAoAAAAPDw5MgA8AAAAAAAAMmE5wrAWwpZAHt-_

The starting Perception is 10.

Final tip is you have to "use" the blueprints you buy before you can make stuff with them. They're in the crafting tab of items.