Author Topic: Build for ontological understanding  (Read 1376 times)

AnimalStar

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Build for ontological understanding
« on: September 02, 2023, 01:54:01 pm »
Friends, I won't be verbose. In general, I want such a build to "see" most of the game. Quests related to stats, etc. In general, I would be grateful if you show the build, the priority is melee weapons, energy weapons and throwing. Thanks!

AnimalStar

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Build for ontological understanding
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2023, 11:28:04 am »
I found a couple of builds that I can beat the game with, I would like to know which one I can see "more game"?!

Shotgun-thrower
https://stygiansoftware.com/forums/index.php?topic=8933.0

Hammer Wizard
I think u know . 3 percaption etc...

Also, the melee combat builds using psionics are extremely interesting. ::)

Thx for help guys. and sorry my eng).

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2023, 01:01:22 pm »
https://underrail.info/build/?HgUFBgMGDAnCoGIAAAAAwqBAPksAS0AfLjzCoAAAAC0ANisBOTYsKmUofkshZgUCf8K3wrtyw5zCrsKdwp7DiOKcmgbiorUC4qSsAuKvvATir70B378

You can use the remaining points in intimidate if you want; that'll get you some dialogue and quest resolution options you wouldn't otherwise get.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2023, 01:03:12 pm by harperfan7 »
*eurobeat intensifies*

AnimalStar

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2023, 09:42:55 am »
Thx for your help dude. Thx)

Fins

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2023, 03:36:19 pm »
Friends, I won't be verbose. In general, I want such a build to "see" most of the game. Quests related to stats, etc. In general, I would be grateful if you show the build, the priority is melee weapons, energy weapons and throwing. Thanks!
If still considering your options, here's a few relevant observations i made which you may find useful.

Very high perception (10 or higher): allows to see dozens extra small areas and item cashes (none are "much important"), while in the same time boosting damage of all energy weapons (by +8.5% Guns skill per point), hence you probably want this very high.

Some 6....7 agility: allows to see some (feels, way less than Perception) extra small areas (none are "much important"), while boosting Stealth. Can be increased by items good deal, opens access to some QoL feats, and boosts Stealth and Evasion. If you plan going Stealthy and/or Evasive, then may be worth it to have it even higher. Otherwise, you don't lose much (in terms of extra few small rooms not able to get to) if you'd have it at 3.

Persuasion / Intimidation / Mercantile: these skills together open a large amount of extra dialogs, extra inventory in stores, and optional quest paths. As these rely on Int and Will, one may think it's a good idea to have these stats above average. However, not required; something like Will 3 and Int 6 (as the latter also gives bonuses to most crafting skills) would do just OK, due to these social skills, when developed all together, give bonuses to each other, plus there is a fair amount of items which boost social skills, and it's not needed to go super high with social skills, too - getting ~120sh effective in Persuasion and Mercantile and something like 80 in Intimidation will allow to see almost every thing these skills unlock.

Melee: to be properly viable late-game, should be built with either Dex or Strength high, for extra damage. However, neither Dex nor Str open any significant amount of extra content far as i am aware: high Str usually allows to open some shortcut or have an easier method of doing something, and Dex stat checks are something like 3 checks in a whole game, per wiki. Effective throwing and energy weapons further decrease value of having any Melee skill: if you can melt their face with your plasma gun - why exactly you'd need to punch it, instead? :D Overall, i think Str and Dex should be at best average.

These general considerations, i believe, can help to either shape up most of your build, or possibly alter some of above proposed ones to better suit your need. Good luck!
our lifestyles, mores, institutions, patterns of interaction, values, and expectations are shaped by a cultural heritage that was formed in a time when carrying capacity exceeded the human load. (c) William R. Catton, Jr