Author Topic: Use for low quality items  (Read 1913 times)

Shredded Cheddar

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Use for low quality items
« on: November 07, 2018, 04:05:39 am »
Hello everyone,
I have noticed that in certain situations you actually want lower quality components opposed to higher quality. This is counter intuitive, so I would like to collect all the times where this is the case.

-electroshock generator - lower the quality the lower the energy cost for tasers
-energy core - same reason as above, you want right size for tool
-antithermic cloth - lower quality reduces the amount of stealth lost while retaining the immunity to burning. This can be good when combined with soft padding and siphoner leather to remain immune to fire but still able to use stealth
-low/medium frequency shield generators - combined with 4xmetal armor so you don't waste your shield
-kevlar cloth - balaclava can be good in certain situations esp. early and it is fixed at 2 threshold
-metal plates - crafting consumables like bear traps
-soft padding - when used in metal boots quality is irrelevant

I'm sure there's stuff I don't know about... Please post anything I am misssing!

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Use for low quality items
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 12:11:42 pm »
1 quality hopper leather in Junkerd bar behimd Karim - for lowering required skill for leather armor with black fabric and soft padding, helpful in the beginning.

Bruno

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 12:46:04 pm »
I guess you want to hunt for low quality tungsten steel plates if you want to make AP-bullets without going too high in crafting.

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 02:22:47 pm »
High quality circular wave amplifiers absolutely destroy the capacity of shields, often to the point where the capacity is actually lower than some of the thresholds. For example you can end up with a shield that has 250 threshold against very high speed attacks but only 200 capacity, so it won't be able to soak more than 200 damage from a single attack.

As such it's a better idea to use one with lower quality, so you end up with a shield that has enough capacity to make use of those higher thresholds. Efficent shields are better 99% of the time, but amplified double high frequency shield can be a life saver against snipers, especially for squishy builds.

Shredded Cheddar

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 05:52:39 pm »
Very interesting Tygrende, I have never even used a high quality circular wave amplifier in an energy shield before since it always seemed to me that a high efficiency converter is the no-brainer option (like smart module on burst weapons), but I can see why certain builds would want that. Thank you for the great information!

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 06:25:14 pm »
I use circular wave amplifiers on double low frequency shields when fighting beasts and melee types.
*eurobeat intensifies*

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2018, 01:40:33 am »
I use circular wave amplifiers on double low frequency shields when fighting beasts and melee types.

Hm... never thought about it, that's really something new.
I use double LF only, and mainly for melee, and they can withstand firearms too.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 01:42:18 am by Fenix »