Author Topic: Using a Crowbar  (Read 8980 times)

bushwhacker2k

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Using a Crowbar
« on: May 12, 2013, 07:40:48 pm »
I found a crowbar (after I shot someone who was holding it) and I noticed it had the additional ability of forcing open ventilation shafts.

I've been fiddling around with it to no avail- how do I use it?

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Using a Crowbar
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 07:55:56 pm »
Only some ventilations shafts can be opened at the moment. Also I believe you need like 5 Strength to use it correctly? Or something like that.

edit:
Also depending on version there may be some quirks (I saw you've been using demo version - in the other thread).
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 07:58:01 pm by maheusz »

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 08:32:00 pm »
The biggest hassle is you have to have it equipped as a weapon to use it.
At least, that's the only way I was able to make any use of it thus far.
Also, if you pull it into the quickbar, make sure it's exactly the crowbar you have equipped, not any other.
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

bushwhacker2k

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 09:02:14 pm »
The biggest hassle is you have to have it equipped as a weapon to use it.
At least, that's the only way I was able to make any use of it thus far.
Also, if you pull it into the quickbar, make sure it's exactly the crowbar you have equipped, not any other.

Okay, I'll be sure to do that.

Only some ventilations shafts can be opened at the moment. Also I believe you need like 5 Strength to use it correctly? Or something like that.

edit:
Also depending on version there may be some quirks (I saw you've been using demo version - in the other thread).

I should have enough strength (8 atm). I guess I'll keep my eyes open for any ventilation shafts that appear to be selectable, I don't think I've seen any so far.

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 09:47:02 pm »
GMS compound is the first area with an extensive ventilation system. Well, the first I know of.
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

bushwhacker2k

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 12:29:47 am »
GMS compound is the first area with an extensive ventilation system. Well, the first I know of.

Yep, also bought a different item for utilizing ventilation shafts and it works fine. Thanks all.