Author Topic: What do you guys think of this Shotgun/Sniper Evasion Build?^^  (Read 4304 times)

JFK86

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
What do you guys think of this Shotgun/Sniper Evasion Build?^^
« on: January 07, 2020, 11:14:12 am »
I made this build for a Normal run with Classic EXP, what do you guys think? Is there anything to change or is it ok?

http://underrail.info.tm/build/?HgcHCAMKBAfCoMKgAADCn8Kfwp9ZWQAAYGAAAAAAAAAAFABdATUzfsKXwpg7wrDClhXCkHlswp7CrRZtwp8mKMKxwpwx378

mephisto

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: What do you guys think of this Shotgun/Sniper Evasion Build?^^
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 11:28:29 am »
i don't think you'd need Electronics unless you want to use Energy Pistol and Electric Melee.
if you invest in it just to be able to make an Emitter, 50 points would be enough,
max out the Mechanics instead and make great armors.
http://underrail.info.tm/build/?HgcHCAMKBAfCoMKgAADCoMKgwqBaWgAAwoIyAAAAAAAAABQAZAE1M37Cl8KYO8KwwpYVwpB5bMKewq0WbcKfJijCscKcMd-_
tweaked it just a bit.

JFK86

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 11:33:34 am »
i don't think you'd need Electronics unless you want to use Energy Pistol and Electric Melee.
if you invest in it just to be able to make an Emitter, 50 points would be enough,
max out the Mechanics instead and make great armors.
http://underrail.info.tm/build/?HgcHCAMKBAfCoMKgAADCoMKgwqBaWgAAwoIyAAAAAAAAABQAZAE1M37Cl8KYO8KwwpYVwpB5bMKewq0WbcKfJijCscKcMd-_
tweaked it just a bit.

thx buddy, btw what is the max needed Points for Hacking and Lockpicking in the game?

Koveras

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 03:10:17 pm »
First: in Normal/Classic your build WILL work, so feel free to ignore any of the following.

There are a couple of things I would change. The most glaring issue is having only 10 PER. For a build focused solely on guns it cant be good. At the bare minimum get 11 for Scrutinous, and quite frankly I wouldn't settle for anything below 14.

You took some burst feats, but bringing SMGs or ARs in the build doesn't look necessary.

I think high Electronics makes perfect sense for this build: with low health and high evasion you'll want a high quality high frequency shield emitter. High Electronics is also useful to craft good cloaking devices and use smart modules in crafted rifles.

Maxing throwing skill is near useless, unless you really want to throw knives (you don't).

Biology is incredibly strong, but requires a bit of work. Maybe consider it.

Here is how I would modify your build: http://underrail.info.tm/build/?HgYGBwMOAwfCoDwAAMKgwqDCoEVKAABfXwBAXwAAAAAAAFgBOSQWNTEzwpZLwpDCmMKwwo9-wqTCtV3CncKtwp7Cn-KkjgXip74K378

Without going into details, max lockpicking check is 130, max hacking check is 135, but the vast majority are below 110. Standard tools can give you +10, a missable tool gives you +15, and a non-missable DLC armor gives you +10 (on top of whatever tool you use). Check Destroyor's guide for more infos.

Sfzrx

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2020, 04:23:14 pm »
I would get much higher con myself, 8 or 9 con or more, and I disagree with the guy above me, perception's influence on damage isn't that high, it's influence on accuracy is also very minimal, like 1% accuracy every point of per even on high eva units like locusts on dominating, and shotguns have leading shot feat that ignores tons of evasion naturally, 11 per is as high as I'd go for shotgun, you could probably settle with lower, 8 - 9 if stats are really needed elsewhere.

7 int seems overkill, none of your current feats requires that much int, 4 will should probably be lowered to 3 as well, you seem like you want to use shotgun burst fire as your main form of combat in close-mid range, but shotguns are loud and you'll likely aggro half the map, with 3 con that's rough. 10 agi seems overkill as well, I understand that you want your eva/dodge high, but you are really giving up other stats, the most I'd go is 8 agi for uncanny dodge, you should probably get evasive maneuvers as well.

You cannot dodge/evade everything, you'll eventually get hit, evasion only reduce hit chance down to 40% by itself, with other factors it can be lowered to 10%, but you'll still eventually get hit/crit, so you need a health buffer, so higher con is needed imo, 3 con is for builds that merely rely on stealth and movement for defense, not for eva/dodge builds.

Another thing is that you should probably optimize your skill points better to get some bio/chem/tailoring, electronics makes energy shield emitters and plasma grenades, chem makes gas and mk5 frag grenades, you took grenadier so I'm assuming you want to throw a lot of grenades, and tbh it's one of the most effective form of damage on higher difficulties. Eva/dodge builds don't use metal armor so you are better off crafting armor yourself with nimble to reduce armor penalty, unless you plan to stick with rathound regalia for a long time, bio lets you craft some drugs that's otherwise difficult to obtain, the most important ones for you are probably jumping beans which add 10mp/25%dodgeeva and bullshead which grants stun/incapacitate immunity, aegis reduces damage taken by 15%, stacks very well with morphine shot, and of course, hypercerebrix saves you tons of skill points elsewhere, twitch will help you also.

Persuasion isn't very useful, and while lockpicking/hacking will make some areas much easier, they are not a must have, 110 effective mercantile with hypercerebrix/underpie is the most you need even on dominating, 123 effective throwing is required for max throwing precision, anything over that is overkill.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 05:20:08 pm by Sfzrx »

JFK86

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2020, 06:22:02 pm »
@Sfzrx @Koveras @mephisto

Thx to all of you i used the best Information from all sides to change some minor stuff and get it right^^
I know you three had different ideas about that build, and that isnt bad at all, it gave me free choice to test around.

My first character was a smg/sniper Evasion/stealth/Dodge assassin and i got hin to junkyard where i killed almost all mutants with ease. this gave me the confidence that i can run stuff like CON3 Without problem, only if i play smart and cheese if needen :P

Thx again guys, and here again, the remake of my SHOTGUN/SNIPER/NERD XD

http://underrail.info.tm/build/?HggGCAUJAwfCoEgAAMKgwqDCoFlfAABgYGAAYAAAAAAAAAABwpfCmDvCsMKWFcKQFsK1wqQzNQ9IbWzCnsKfwp3CrSbCj9-_

chimaera

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2020, 04:15:02 pm »
I would get much higher con myself, 8 or 9 con or more, and I disagree with the guy above me, perception's influence on damage isn't that high, it's influence on accuracy is also very minimal, like 1% accuracy every point of per even on high eva units like locusts on dominating, and shotguns have leading shot feat that ignores tons of evasion naturally, 11 per is as high as I'd go for shotgun, you could probably settle with lower, 8 - 9 if stats are really needed elsewhere.

Second that. I played with a shotgun on hard and with leading shot my character had no issues hitting anything, despite not having maxed perception.

Also, that 130 hacking check is with a computer from what I remember and won't let you use any tools. In general I'd rate the importance of hacking above lockpicking, because you can sometimes get some additional lore by hacking computers, while with lockpicking the highest locks are some landom loot. Imo, 100 (counting tools) in lockpicking is enough to get most of the good stuff.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 04:19:59 pm by chimaera »

Koveras

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2020, 07:50:11 pm »
Well, I might have pushed a personal preference as an objective improvement of the build. Going from 11 to 16 PER gives 15% more damage. I value that a lot, while I generally consider health near useless. But the thing I overlooked, and was pointed out above, is that shotguns ans snipers are kinda noisy, and you'll end up fighting large packs of enemies. So my bad, keep points in CON.

Imo, 100 (counting tools) in lockpicking is enough to get most of the good stuff.

Alright, but how can you sleep after letting a random locker unchecked? Gotta loot everything!

Threeeightnine

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2020, 11:50:22 pm »
I've never used shotguns before. What kind of shotgun/components would work best for this build?

cypherusuh

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2020, 08:18:40 am »
I've never used shotguns before. What kind of shotgun/components would work best for this build?
Tyranny w/ short barrel and either forward grip or tube extension
I think tube is better if you took Full-Auto. Although I'm not sure. Basically, pick tube extension if it's enough to get you additional burst without reload
Combat shotgun is the go-to, even for single shot attack

Threeeightnine

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2020, 07:31:55 pm »
What kind of armor does this build wear? I can see how investing in stealth will help with the initial sniper shot, but afterwords you are going to get shot at a lot, so you need at least a tactical vest, but then your stealth and movement points are lowered. Is there a compromise?