Author Topic: Selling 10k crossbows  (Read 3897 times)

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Selling 10k crossbows
« on: January 17, 2016, 09:35:26 am »
I just got to uneasy situation that my character is owner of 3 crossbows, each worth 10,000 (or 333 stygs), and there is no merchant where I could pawn them to.

Following merchants will accept crossbows:
Lucas
Jack Quicksilver
Deacon
Dirty Tom

But all of them are very low on Stygian coins. Also, they rarely sell anything else my character would need.

Any suggestion?

Or should I just drop them to nearest junk pile, as useless items?  ;D

phobos2077

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Selling 10k crossbows
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 10:26:37 am »
Just sell for whatever they have to offer or recycle them into scrap and be done with it. There is plenty of money in the game from quest rewards alone (one of the few games where quest rewards actually matter compared to simple loot).

Juri

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 11:09:52 am »
Wait until the merchants restock, they'll have more cash then. If you don't want to wait then trade for bullets and blueprints and sell them to someone else.
Or you could be Al Fabet and carry them around.

Wildan

• Scavenger
  • Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 02:09:44 pm »
Buy all the blueprints from the merchant. I consider them as a type of currency. They're valuable, super light and many vendors want to buy them regardless of type. The only downside is that they don't stack and can clutter your inventory over time. I wish we had seperated pouches in the game.

TΛPETRVE

• Scavenger
  • Obey the Schnibble!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 02:12:00 pm »
As has been said above, blueprints and especially ammo are currency. Buy them.
But the problem is, indeed, it zlots at Vlurxtrznbnaxl.

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 02:32:05 pm »
General stores in Foundry and Core City buy bullets and not much else. And they have lots of $$.

They also sometimes buy leather armors so if you are a tailor buy padding (the more expensive the better) and craft some expensive leather armors.

Another option is adv. repair kits that can be sold in mechanical shops (and junk dealers in Junkyard). If you can craft them you can buy balaclavas/tabi boots and turn them into kits.

Dirty Tom sells some high quality components. Keep your expensive xbows until he gets someting you need.

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2016, 04:10:25 pm »
Wait until the merchants restock, they'll have more cash then.

The things is, even after restocking, not many mechants get high supply of stigs.
Only one of the merchants lists in original post (that buy crossbows), gets 250 stigs (7.5k value) on restock, and others even less.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 04:14:34 pm by player1 »

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2016, 04:13:31 pm »
General stores in Foundry and Core City buy bullets and not much else. And they have lots of $$.

This is good advice, especially Core City general store, since the owner gets 550 stigs on restock and always buys bullets.