Author Topic: Escape Artist feat  (Read 3132 times)

Ragshak

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Escape Artist feat
« on: August 12, 2018, 12:20:35 am »
How does Escape Artist feat work?

Stun and Frozen are immobilization effects or not? Because while under those effects I cant use Escape Artist. Does it work only for throwing nets?

If so I will have to rollback and choose another feat instead of this.

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: Escape Artist feat
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 12:49:12 am »
Nets, bear traps, chemical blob pistols, mutant dog and mutant acid blob attacks.  Theoretically Pinned but I've never seen an enemy with it that I can recall.

If you need to break stuns, you need either a solid investment in Psi and Locus of Control, or Thick Skull.

LJ40

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 01:04:12 am »
Under the current description of Escape Artist, stun and frozen should absolutely be covered by escape artist. Some clarification would definitely help as to what constitutes "immobilized".

I won't have to roll back, but my next couple of feats just got shuffled and changed if this is true.

Edit - And of course, almost immediately, I think I figured it out. "Immobilized" is when you can act, but not move. Stun and frozen (as well as incapacitated and mental breakdown) prevent you from acting as well, so they're not covered. I may be wrong, but this seems logical. Anyone more knowledgeable feel free to correct me though.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 01:11:41 am by LJ40 »

Bruno

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 07:20:57 am »
There is one other option, the Bullhead drug gives 3 turns of temporary immunity to both stun and incapacitation effects (not immobilization). Unfortunately, you need to act before your enemies to take the drug *before* they apply such effects on you.

The wiki list wich effects fall under wich category. It is very helpful.

newageofpower

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2018, 05:29:03 am »
With the nerf to Infused Siphoner Leather boots, Escape artist feels like a must-take skill now. So many times my character refuses to shoot without moving that 1/10th of a square, but I can't move... Ugh.

It wouldbe even more maddening for a sniper build, I imagine.

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2018, 01:12:48 pm »
That nerf never really felt justified to me, I don't even use or prefer infused siphoner gear in the first place.
Things like immune to slows or immune to immobilization feel like they could be available on standard boots, the way immunity to acid pools was added to biohazard boots, and just be balanced in other ways like poor resistance.

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2018, 01:31:30 pm »
I'd be happy with just immunity to acidic entanglement on mutated dog tabi.