Author Topic: Special Bullet Types?  (Read 1595 times)

crumbhouser

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Special Bullet Types?
« on: August 29, 2018, 05:09:00 am »
On my first playthrough of this game (and man is it good!)

Have mostly been using guns (didn't plan out my build very well because I was figuring out all the mechanics) and I was wondering if some more experienced players could weigh in:

When/where do the various special bullet types come in handy?

I find myself carrying around say, acid and incendiary bullets, but I always end up using either W2C or JHP rounds (and regular rounds for easy targets).

Are acid, electroshock, incendiary, explosive, shrapnel bullets useful, and are they more useful early-game, mid-game, late-game, etc? Seeing as they're mainly fixed damage (with the exception of micro-shrapnel and the utility of incendiary bullets setting targets on fire), I'd imagine that most of these would be quickly outscaled by damage gains from W2C/JHP.

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Special Bullet Types?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 08:04:08 am »
They're mostly just for fun and an alternative to W2C if you run out of graphite, I think acid bullets go well through shields but I'm not sure.

Bruno

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 09:56:48 am »
Perhaps electro-bullets can work with a silenced SMG, as they have very poor base damage?

LightningMonk

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 01:30:11 pm »
They would, but electroshock bullets are still inferior to w2c and jhp bullets in most applications.

At one point, I harbored dreams of making a tommy gum that utilized explosive bullets exclusively. That all went away when I realized you would have to be a tile away to hit anything with that gun because of the targeting debuffs.

crumbhouser

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 02:49:13 pm »
They're mostly just for fun and an alternative to W2C if you run out of graphite, I think acid bullets go well through shields but I'm not sure.
I guess that makes sense, as an SMG character would probably need all the ammo in the world (myself I've mostly been using sniper rifles)

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 03:12:16 pm »
I guess that makes sense, as an SMG character would probably need all the ammo in the world (myself I've mostly been using sniper rifles)

Pretty much, another good use for special bullets is the unique guns that have unique calibers, like the MP5, with Spec Ops and that gun you can fire slightly more acid bullets than you could any other way with pistols and rifles.

crumbhouser

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2018, 05:45:27 pm »
Okay. Tried them out a bit and special bullets are pretty good, especially with fast weapons. I'll probably use them in a future playthrough.

Still...

GREEN BULLETS ARE LIFE