Author Topic: Performence issiue  (Read 1038 times)

Pharum

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Performence issiue
« on: February 25, 2020, 09:55:33 pm »
short version
using Manjaro Linux game was working fine one day fps started to drop to 1 or 2 untill i moved with arrow or move mouse to fog of war any idea how can i fix it ?

longer version
Hello i understand this isint propobly issiue that could be fixed but i'll try anyhow
i'v bean playing and doing every possible quest and i was doing fine u know arena champion running for gunlet drilling walls with gorsky reached lv 21 but THEN oneday when i launched game it started to fixate fps drop to 1 or 2 at a time when i moved cursor to the "fog of war" area fps went back to normal cant say game is unplayable but its not as fun as before
any idea's how can i resolve this issue ? or how can i move my saves from linux to windows (if that's even possible) or import character to windows i could start new game with same character no problem. i would gere where i was in no time.

Varrok

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Performence issiue
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 11:35:50 am »
Hey, um.

There's no Underrail on Linux. It's XNA based, it means that in its current form it *can't* exist on Linux. Based on that I take it that you use it through Wine/Proton or some other compatilbility layer. The performance issues are most likely caused by it, as is common with those.

Since you're running the Windows version, yes, you can move the savegames to Windows.  ;D

Pharum

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Performence issiue
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 08:15:47 am »
I know there isisnt a Linux version and yes i am running it under proton with protontricks but maby some1 had this problem before and has a solution or advice (i rly despise m$ os with a passion just wanted to share)

but as to save games you acctualy helped me - some times simplest solutions are  illusive
for any1 intersted save games under windows are obviously Documents/underrail
BUT
under Manjaro /home/Your User Name/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/compatdata/250520/pfx/dosdevices/c:/users/steamuser/My Documents/My Games/Underrail/

and as it turns out 3 of 5 save (not including quick saves and autosaves) are corrupted :(
but tnx for the advice