Author Topic: Core City before or after Foundry?  (Read 3344 times)

ChaunceyK

• Probably not a Spambot
  • Nope, not a spambot.
    • View Profile
Core City before or after Foundry?
« on: February 17, 2019, 11:47:38 pm »
I've been following along the quests given to me and I've found myself doing alot in CC right now, without even being told to visit Foundry yet.

But if gaming has taught me anything, it's that I should usually visit areas closer to home first and visit areas further away later. And the metro has Foundry listed as a travel option right between Rail Crossing  (which I've already completed) and CC (where I'm at now).

Should I head over to Foundry on my own, or will someone eventually tell me to go there?

jubisloviu

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Core City before or after Foundry?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 11:59:50 pm »
I recommend going in there for yourself at level 12~16 since most builds hit their powerspike at those levels.
The foundry is pretty great, cool quests, some decent vendors and a nice questline to unlock some really strong crafting materials.

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 12:25:39 pm »
Split it.

Go to Core City mostly right after the world opens up, and do the Arena fights until you have a hard time with one. Maybe you never do and run straight through; maybe you have to stop.  Whatever.  Hopefully you went ahead and aggroed your fellow challengers and took their stuff when you were fighting the groups; free loot.

Then go ahead and find Gorsky and do at least part of his questline.  Poke around in the Drop Zone, and the sewers/undercity, hitting up those little fights and loot caches.

Then, having done the easy stuff in Core City, picked up maybe a level or two, and gotten a little bit of nicer loot, you can safely head over to Foundry and walk on through the whole thing.

Tamior

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 08:09:21 pm »
If you are playing with oddity system, Foundry is just a huge loot pinata with 2-3 levels worth of oddities with little to no risk.
So I don't see a reason NOT to go and at least grab the oddities.

Mariner666

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2019, 08:22:53 pm »
If you are playing with oddity system, Foundry is just a huge loot pinata with 2-3 levels worth of oddities with little to no risk.

And only for 24.99 charons!

ChaunceyK

• Probably not a Spambot
  • Nope, not a spambot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2019, 11:39:40 pm »

I am playing Oddity, so this new knowledge is a big plus for me to drop what I'm doing and head on over to Foundry!!

I've actually already become Invictus, but the Gauntlet is giving me grief.  Already helped Gorsky, too.  Now might be the most opportune time to leave CC for a while and come back.

Tamior

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2019, 02:00:44 am »
Area in CC plays very differently depending on difficulty and how tolerant you are to dying (reloading, that is).
If you are doing a DOMINATING/ironman run (or at least counting reloads), you REALLY want to be at least level 16-ish before doing Arena.