Author Topic: GMS Compound help!  (Read 4533 times)

Gnyf

• Noob
    • View Profile
GMS Compound help!
« on: October 01, 2013, 03:51:22 pm »
So I've made it to the second level.

I can't enter the vents because I'm not strong enough to use the crowbar, and my lockpicking skill isn't high enough to use the omni-tool.

On top of that I can't sneak past the sentries, because I have no stealth skills.

What do I do?

Any help would be appreciated!

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: GMS Compound help!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 04:40:09 pm »
Option number 1 - Kill the sentries. It's my favorite since you get XP.

Option number 2 - Try to get trough the top part to the left side where there is a locked door. Lockpick it and go inside, then go through the left side down... You might need to save scum in order to avoid detection.

Option number 3 - Try to find the omnitool. If i'm not mistaken there is one in level 2. Not sure which room.

You should still go with option 1. Robots are a bit tough but so long as you don't fight them in front of a camera you should be able to kill one at a time... Buy grenades if needed be. If you are a psionic, the electricity spell works like a charm. If you use a crossbow, shockbolts are also your best friend.

LazyMonk

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 05:41:00 pm »
Option number 3 - Try to find the omnitool. If i'm not mistaken there is one in level 2. Not sure which room.
Its on level 1.

About killing the sentries, there are many ways you can go about it and Elhazzared already gave good examples.
If you could tell us more about your build, i am sure we could provide you with a more personalized strategy.
Utility Belt
"The most important tool in fighting crime."

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 05:47:56 pm »
Option number 3 - Try to find the omnitool.

You need the lockpicking skill to use the omni tool.

Also, your best shot is to get some EMP grenades to stun the robots while you destroy them.

Rothgar

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 07:14:13 pm »
Shockbolts and emp grenades are amazing, especially since the bolts stun the drones for a round. I also had luck waiting for them to pass, then destroying the cameras so they couldn't track me.

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 07:45:49 pm »

Also, your best shot is to get some EMP grenades to stun the robots while you destroy them.

Well yeah, but if you don't have lockpick and hacking right out of the bat I'd say, back to the drawing board. Those are the 2 skills no one can play without. Locked doors, locked loot.... Nope, it's impossible to play without this. I'd rather cut my throat lol.

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 07:48:00 pm »

Well yeah, but if you don't have lockpick and hacking right out of the bat I'd say, back to the drawing board. Those are the 2 skills no one can play without. Locked doors, locked loot.... Nope, it's impossible to play without this. I'd rather cut my throat lol.

Agreed, I once tried to play a char without the lockpicking/hacking, couldn't stand it so on lvl 3 I boosted both skills up lol.

Unmobable

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2016, 05:00:04 pm »
I know topic is old but it