Author Topic: Assault Rifles in the latest alpha build (1.6.0)  (Read 4847 times)

Major_Blackhart

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Assault Rifles in the latest alpha build (1.6.0)
« on: March 18, 2013, 06:24:02 pm »
Are the optional equipment pieces actually in the game anywhere for the assault rifles and sniper rifles? I ask because I have yet to see them, as I'm very curious about how an assault rifle build would pan out, but my feeling so far is why bother atm when my 8.6mm SMG is super tacticool with a grip and a lasersight.
I'm also wondering what the actual options for an assault rifle would be?

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
Re: Assault Rifles in the latest alpha build (1.6.0)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 09:35:57 am »
The one thing I don't like right now is that there is no way to modify already crafted or existing weapons/armor. I would be a great addition to be able to mod existing weapons and armor with one mod (in order to still encourage crafting where multiple mods are available), it's annoying when you find an awesome weapon but it lack any mods and is then ultimately worthless, one mod would do, same with some kinds of armor.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 05:13:36 pm »
Assault rifles can be enhanced with everything sniper rifles can.

Assault rifles do more up front damage (their attacks cost more AP but deliver more damage per bullet) so they are superior to SMGs when fighting heavily armored targets.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 05:15:34 pm »
Assault rifles can be enhanced with everything sniper rifles can.

Assault rifles do more up front damage (their attacks cost more AP but deliver more damage per bullet) so they are superior to SMGs when fighting heavily armored targets.

Correction: the difference in enhancements is snipers can add barrel retractors, while assault rifles can add scopes.