Author Topic: A few Questions to Alpha Full Built (0.1.6.0 - not the demo)  (Read 3472 times)

Rdevil

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
A few Questions to Alpha Full Built (0.1.6.0 - not the demo)
« on: March 17, 2013, 07:14:05 pm »
Hello everybody,

first of all thank you so much to the developers.
What a great game !!!!! I really feel set back to 90`s when fallout was out.

I bought the alpha release (I think it`s 0.1.6.0) today afternoon at Gamersgate after playing the demo four many hours.
When I compare the demo and this release I have one final question:

How can I open electronical sealed boxes and doors ?  :'(
In the demo I found several "hexxors" to use for, but now on the alpha full built I didn`t find any nor a vendor selling one.
Current Storyquest I`m in is just before the Junkyard (after GMS Compound quest by Gorky). My lockpicking skill at the moment is 30 (char is level 5).
Did I do any mistake ?

--------------

More questions I would like to know about:

1. If I follow the develop Log, I see that several new steps were done (f.e. durabillity and grenade dmg reduce).
But at the moment those are not implemented in the game yet, don`t they ?
What`s about to happen when 0.1.7.0 is released then ?
Is then the "update" or "new version" availabe at Gamersgate automatically ? Or is there a patch available then ?
If so where can I find it ?

2. Will the savegames from "old" version then be useable in 0.1.7.0 ?

Thank you very much for your answers.

Greets
Rdevil

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: A few Questions to Alpha Full Built (0.1.6.0 - not the demo)
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 10:06:26 pm »
Hi Rdevil,

You still open the sealed boxes with haxxors though you will need to power them now using batteries. Haxxors are still sold in couple of places. For example, Ezra at the engineering level in SGS sells them. Keep in mind that opening electronic locks uses hacking skill, not lockpicking.

Stuff from the development log does not appear in the game until the new version is released. You'll then have to re-download the game from GamersGate (they don't have an automated patching system). Keep in mind that because of the logistics the new version does not appear on all game portals simultaneously. Keep an eye on the twitter or the facebook page where I'll let you know exactly when it's available where.

You can read more about how saves are handled between different version here: http://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=228.0.

Cheers.

Rdevil

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: A few Questions to Alpha Full Built (0.1.6.0 - not the demo)
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 05:07:59 pm »
Thank you very much for your fast replay !