Author Topic: 2nd playthrough psi build advice  (Read 17005 times)

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: 2nd playthrough psi build advice
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2016, 10:08:07 pm »
Psychokinesis is really powerful and you should not hesitate to max it. Few spells are among the most useful: Electrokinesis or Elektrokinetic imprint. You should forget totally dodge or evasion especially if you will take a vest or riot. it is too impacted by penalties and the purpose is not to get hit, then meaning that nobody can shoot you (Killed, stunned, feared, iced, blocked,....)
The 3 CON will be difficult at the beginning and on long fight but is really manageable.

Penalty is only 15% with Nimble...not too bad. I am also planning on taking some feats that enhance my dodge/evade. Vests are great, but they don't eliminate damage completely, which is my goal as much as possible. Even a scratch will kill my Tranquility, not to mention my health is so low that a couple of hits will kill me.

EDIT: Like I said, I'm still taking SOME Psychokinesis...at least 45. So I will have Imprint for the stun, just not a lot of damage.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 10:39:25 pm by Hal900x »

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2016, 04:49:17 am »
I dunno epeli, I haven't gotten it yet. I had to sacrifice one psi school to achieve my build, and even then it looks like I will miss out on Persuasion. I'm really having to spend points carefully at each level, and my crafting has suffered at lower levels. Anyway, to me Psychokinesis is the least exciting of the 3 schools, but Sat is right about Electrokinesis; it's an excellent spell but what ya gonna do.

Megaost

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2016, 07:48:15 am »
While I agree that psychokinesis is indeed not very "exciting", it has some very important bread and butter skills. Wall is amazing. Same with telekinetic punch and electro-thingy (for robots).
Low con and dodge/evasion is certainly an interesting choice. Seems not only challenging, almost deliberately gimped. Will be interesting to see how this turns out! Also, is that 10 AGI i see? Unorthodox and challenging build for sure.  :)

I like your focus on mobility over health, but I'm not sure if I'd feel comfortable with this kind of a build myself. Let it be known that as far as psi builds go, there are definitely easier ones around there, but I suppose having an easy playthrough was probably never the intention.

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2016, 10:20:06 am »
While I agree that psychokinesis is indeed not very "exciting", it has some very important bread and butter skills. Wall is amazing. Same with telekinetic punch and electro-thingy (for robots).
Low con and dodge/evasion is certainly an interesting choice. Seems not only challenging, almost deliberately gimped. Will be interesting to see how this turns out! Also, is that 10 AGI i see? Unorthodox and challenging build for sure.  :)

I like your focus on mobility over health, but I'm not sure if I'd feel comfortable with this kind of a build myself. Let it be known that as far as psi builds go, there are definitely easier ones around there, but I suppose having an easy playthrough was probably never the intention.

Heh, yeah well as I said, I am playing on Normal and I'm not interested in overpowered metabuilds so much as I am interesting playstyles and discovery. Also, as I said above I did take Psychokinesis just high enough to get the 3 "bread and butter" skills you mentioned. Force field doesn't require a high investment in the skill, and I still have Electrokinesis for bots, but it will be low damage so I'll have to rely on kiting and other tricks in tough fights like IRIS. The reason for high AGI is A.) so I don't have to invest heavily in Stealth (just enough to get the drop on enemies) and B.) tons of movement points to take advantage of feats that rely on lots of movement points for damage avoidance, such as Evasive Maneuvers and possibly Uncanny Dodge, although the nerf threw me for a loop having discovered it was stealth-nerfed in one of the updates. Also thinking about taking Blitz for similar reasons. I didn't plan out the entire build through 25 so time will tell, but I got through the Old Junkyard without much trouble, which is a good sign. The big issue with this build is lack of skill points. My crafting is suffering a lot more in the early game than I thought, but hey, that's another fun challenge which will make finding decent gear at a merchant actually mean something. It's all about fun.