Author Topic: Need some info about armor crafting  (Read 2059 times)

Whitehand

• Noob
    • View Profile
Need some info about armor crafting
« on: December 04, 2016, 12:49:11 pm »
Hi guys,

Here is my problem. I decided to play some kind of military tank build and went for heavy armor crafting. Skills description said that I needed to put points on mechanics to do so, then here I am trying to craft my first metal armor. Now I realize that I should have spent some points in tailoring to craft metal armor (WTH) and that I'm f****d.

Is there any kind of craftable heavy armor that not depends on tailoring skill? Or should I start putting some points in it? Got to know that armor crafting is like one of the most important feature of my supposed build.

Thanks in advance.

Yonaiker

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Need some info about armor crafting
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 01:56:06 pm »
Metal armor requires some tailoring due the vests (common ones are insulated and sturdy), they don't have high requirements so if you have high mechanics you can spend the excess to tailoring and make then even while you level up.

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Need some info about armor crafting
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 05:54:48 pm »
Now I realize that I should have spent some points in tailoring to craft metal armor (WTH)
Well, it's not like you can just slap metal plates on your naked body and call it a day.

But anyways, in case of metal armors, the carrier vest is the only component that requires tailoring and its quality doesn't affect your mechanical damage resistance/threshold, only whatever bonus the particular vest gives (bio DR/DT, cold DR/DT, electricity DR/DT, bonus health or health regeneration) and durability.

So you can get away with putting very little points into tailoring to use low quality vests if you odn't care about those bonuses, but if you want to focus on armor crafting then you definetly should put at least 100+ points into it.

Also some points into electronics if you want electricity DR/DT, chemistry if you want bio DR/DT or biology if you want health regeneration but not much.