Author Topic: Talloski manor faction goes hostile when entering from basement  (Read 2066 times)

Sanger

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Talloski manor faction goes hostile when entering from basement
« on: February 29, 2016, 12:14:05 am »
I think it's a no-witnesses zone bug probably similar to this one:

http://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=2053.0

I haven't committed any crime in the house that was witnessed by someone, but entering the house through the basement causes everyone to instantly go hostile and automatically initiates combat regardless. Note that I can enter through the basement once without this happening, but if I e.g. enter through the front, talk to Sophie or Maxim, go get the spawn from Twitch, and then try to enter through the basement to put it in one of the ventilation ducts there, it will trigger the bug.

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Talloski manor faction goes hostile when entering from basement
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 09:53:04 am »
You aren't allowed in the basement, and the entrance guard explicitly states where you're allowed to go before he lets you in. There are two people in the basement: the cook and the worker, but the worker sometimes goes behind the stairs, as he patrols around, so he might not have seen you the first time you were there. If you're sure that you were seen in the basement yet no one attacked you, then it could be a bug.

Sanger

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 10:04:33 am »
I'm sorry, I wasn't clear - the only places I went in the manor without sneaking were on the ground floor. No one ever saw me in the basement and they aren't hostile as long as I don't enter it a second time, however if I enter the basement a second time the faction instantly goes full hostile and combat initiates, even if I'm entering in sneak mode via the back entrance where no one ever is. I have to assume there's some sort of trigger zone on the ground by that entrance with erroneous values or something.

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 12:05:45 pm »
We found what caused the problem. It was an issue with the general triggers we use for guarded territories, to put it simply, so this fix should apply to other areas where you're stepping into this kind of trigger as soon as you enter the zone (Foundry prison, for example, is likely to have the same issue as the manor if you enter it from the cave).

All in all, fixed for the next patch.