Author Topic: Any update on character portraits?  (Read 2419 times)

Vanya

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Any update on character portraits?
« on: April 16, 2014, 06:19:21 pm »
Hello. I just got Underrail on Steam and I like it very much. Considering that the game is still in alpha stage I am more than willing to deal with numerous aspects of the game that are not finished or not implemented at all so far.

But lack of character portraits in the game so far fells like one of the most needed additions to the game to me. Those temporary ones are not really helping with adding to the mood of the game. 

So can we have an update on this topic? maybe a peek on one or two finished ones?

Also. Are there any plans to change temporary portraits in the game?  Maybe just a shot of NPC's character model on their portraits? Or at least different portrait for female characters?

Vanya

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Any update on character portraits?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 02:06:08 pm »
OK well I figured out that you can delete default_s and default_l .xnb files and replace them with renamed _default_s.xnb and _default_l.xnb

For me it made the game to feel a lot better. Even with all the characters looking the same it is still better that what was before.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 05:45:13 pm »
Thanks, I'll try it on next walktrough, if there woundn't be portrait at that moment.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 07:06:51 am »
We're not ready to add the portraits just yet, unfortunately, as we're exploring couple of different options regarding this.

Vanya

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 06:52:45 pm »
Okay. thanks for the response!