Author Topic: how do you re gen PSI  (Read 11450 times)

cold

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
how do you re gen PSI
« on: September 17, 2012, 07:59:29 am »
how do you re gen PSI  ?

Its costing me a lot to get more via druges

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: how do you re gen PSI
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 01:06:32 pm »
As much as I know PSI booster is the only option. Free healing doesn't cover psychic energy.

cold

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 02:21:14 pm »
Yup that is what i have found :S, I mean its cool cuz i have like 3k but to have small amount of base re gen would be nice.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 02:01:16 am »
I'm considering adding psi regeneration. Alternatively, I might expand the psi pool and the amount of psi that the drugs restore without changing the psi costs so that the player doesn't need to constantly shoot up, but still retain the psi boosters as a necessary resources.

We'll see.

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 05:14:16 am »
Maybe add psi regen when sleeping in bed? (considering it could be added as one more way of healing)

cold

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 06:08:03 pm »
I'm considering adding psi regeneration. Alternatively, I might expand the psi pool and the amount of psi that the drugs restore without changing the psi costs so that the player doesn't need to constantly shoot up, but still retain the psi boosters as a necessary resources.

We'll see.

I would add a re gen and then have the booster for when you really need them. Keeping a low psi pool will make sure that a player can just stand around and do noting to have a huge psi pool. Psi powers are kinda meant to add the big power punch in a fight but you still need ranged/melle to do some of the damage. I think that a player should be able to go full psi at the end of the game but for start it should be your ace card and not be your basic attack.

screeg

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 05:14:52 pm »
I don't think you should offer free PSI regeneration at all.  It's very cheap to use as is, with psy boosters acting as all purpose "ammo".  Player can also generate plenty of psy boosters from Mind Shrooms with very low investment.

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 12:35:53 pm »
How about meditating? It's a mental resource after all.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 08:53:22 pm »
I made some changes to the psi in this update: http://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=128.0

I have no plans to add passive psi regeneration at this moment, but I'm considering some form of restoring psi besides using psi boosters.