Author Topic: Very nicely done - some questions?  (Read 3061 times)

Summercat

• Noob
    • View Profile
Very nicely done - some questions?
« on: September 22, 2012, 09:55:53 am »
Heyas - Saw Underrail on Steam as part of the Greenlight program (and thumb'd it up), and decided to check it out. The demo seems nice and relatively straight-forward (although I died in my first real combat. *shakes tiny fist*). I'm looking forward to when you do the alpha-sales, and I'll probably buy it. ..like I did Neo Scavenger, Minecraft, Project Zomboid,... hah!

Just a few things:

1) Are you going to expand upon the future history of the world of Underrail, either through in-game or out-of-game media such as short stories/comics/timeline? Seeing how the world ends is my third favorite part of post-apocalyptic games (The second being the immediate post-apocalypse, and the third being post-post-apocalypse during the rebuilding).

2) I noticed you have a lot of unnamed NPCs. For the crowdfunding/alpha sourcing, have you considered selling off naming the characters after doners? It's a minor thing, but people tend to pay for it. Obviously they'd have to be realistic/semi-releastic names, but >_>

3) What's the language and engine you are using to code Underrail in? I was looking through the files and with my (very limited) kknowledge of coding, I couldn't really make much sense of the data files and internal structure. Notepad++ just opened up what looks like garbage data with very little in the way of plain-text strings.

4) 'Hiring' any staff? xD

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Very nicely done - some questions?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 10:41:37 pm »
Hey, thanks for checking out the demo. :)

1) Most of the narration will be done through dialog.

2) That's something I'd do if I was doing crowd-funding, but since I've given up on that I have no plan to monetize this right now.

3) It's .NET + XNA. Most of the data files are in format specific to the the game's custom engine.

4) Not at the moment.