Author Topic: Level 9 keypass disappears during Newton quest  (Read 1288 times)

Shai

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Level 9 keypass disappears during Newton quest
« on: July 18, 2014, 12:59:41 pm »
When first entering the tunnels on level 9, player receives a keypass from the guard that is necessary for entering the outer door (i.e. when returning).

I had no problem making my ways to and from the tunnels for the first two and a half quests. I completed the "Capture Hoppers" mission, took them back, then was sent out again to find Newton. I found Newton in the caves, told him it was safe to go home, and then started returning myself. At some point my keypass disappeared, and I could not enter the antechamber (with the bioscanner) that precedes entry back into the complex.

Unfortunately I don't have a save point before losing it. I have not developed a habit of creating intermittent new save files - that will change now! Anyway, unless someone has a suggestion for how I can avoid restarting.... this will at least serve as a record.

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Level 9 keypass disappears during Newton quest
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 03:45:24 pm »
Enabling Autosaves helps. ;)
I normally use quicksaves, and save a named save slot whenever A) Something really noteworthy happens, or is about to happen, or B) When rising a level.
By now I start that at the first level so I don't notice on Level 6 I picked a feat on Level 4 I can't use with my weapon of choice, but have no save prior to that.
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.