Author Topic: Area transitions and Enemies  (Read 1136 times)

theunbeholden

• Noob
    • View Profile
Area transitions and Enemies
« on: December 19, 2015, 12:09:36 am »
A slight gameplay change. I think it would make sense to me if enemies would move away from exit/entry points when you come back after a minute or two. It wouldn't be realistic for them sit there waiting patiently for you and win initiative when you enter. It is a think a artificial difficulty spike especially in the beginning of the game, being unable to ever enter into areas because you'll be immediately attacked my multiple enemies. It unfairly punishes characters who specialize in agility (ie sneaking) and those who also use the hit/run tactics (feat)... ie characters who rely on those base skills/attributes to survive in the beginning of the game. So when your discovered once (or try to test your ability against more than 3 enemies) and try to escape you'll have to abandon the area entirely which doesn't seem right to me and can be fixed.

Every stealth game (or game that has stealth as one of its viable builds) I think requires not just a level of enemy "suspicion" that dies down (when a enemy is going to spot you if you keep within its line of sight longer than x amount which game has already) but also active alert level after being spotted or alarm going off, that also dies down... allowing you try again. Hence a enemy position shift after leaving a area can be called "area cooldown" or something like that triggers after a little while and you can communicate this to the player.

I was under the impression it would be a decent build. But it seems its really all just Strength 8+, and fairly Constitution as the best way to go (excellent in the beginning when you can easily find the sledgehammer and good later on for being able to wear the best armor in the game). Or just putting everything into Perception/Dexterity for a pure gunslinger who struggles early on but gets alot better later. Both those builds can Max out Will to just take advantage of all the combat related psi-powers which I'm not particularly fond of. I prefer my build of high Agility/Dexterity/Intelligence if it wasn't so artificially gimped.

Also  I do not mind so much not being able to remap Reload Functions from left shift, it would be nice to introduce that into the control menu. Also wondering if you can provide remapping support for Mouse 2, 3, 4 & 5 ? Since those keys don't do anything (well except mouse 2, but that scrolling key function can be disabled in the controls). I could use them for toggling Highlight, Quick Invoker and Take All. Also would it possible to remap keys to Left/Right ALT & CTRL? As I think mouse keys are one of the most important binds for me now that I've gotten use to it in other games. Would be nice for some preset builds already coming with the game rather than just having the option to import your own custom or community created ones. Thanks for your time!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 08:47:32 am by theunbeholden »