Author Topic: Unique weapons  (Read 13136 times)

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Unique weapons
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2016, 07:03:13 pm »
Wouldn't it be a better idea to dump STR to 3 and spend those 4 point into PER instead?

I assume it's mainly for the Full Auto feat. 2 more shots per burst is nice, but wouldn't increased THC work better? I don't think relying on stuns so much is a good idea, especially if you play permadeath.

Also taser/dirty kick is something to consider as well. Taser especially for robots.

Wildan

• Scavenger
  • Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2016, 10:00:29 pm »
Wouldn't it be a better idea to dump STR to 3 and spend those 4 point into PER instead?

I assume it's mainly for the Full Auto feat. 2 more shots per burst is nice, but wouldn't increased THC work better? I don't think relying on stuns so much is a good idea, especially if you play permadeath.

Also taser/dirty kick is something to consider as well. Taser especially for robots.

I could dump STR and invest into PER but then I could dump the whole idea about melee as well. 7 STR is not only for Full Auto but also for Wrestling and Bone Breaker which are both important for combat gloves. But even without those two feats in mind 7 STR is still worth it for any 5 bullet-burst weapon. That's an increase by 40% when it comes to damage, 4 points in PER can't make up for it. Don't get me wrong, for most ranged builds I value PER more than anything else but this is a special case.

It's basically a melee build where ranged combat is (almost) point blank. Distance modifier hardly plays a role here, especially when we take stun into account. Don't forget that this build also has Cheap Shots. With 14 dexterity and maxed melee, even late game it's not really hard to land 3 consecutive melee hits if I have 8 tries (32 AP) and still want to be able to use burst atleast once. I don't have to rely on stun at all. If the enemy doesn't get stunned or incapped and I can't reliably hit with burst fire I can still go on hiting with the gloves and stack Vile Weaponry/Bone Breaker/Contaminated (from the Claw) debuffs, or in a given situation burst regardless of hitchance, reduce AP and MP of everybody in the burst cone and retreat behind the next corner providing I have enough MP left.

Regarding the precission, I'm not sure how burst penalty exactly works. The only other gun that has one is the Huszar AR which has only 5% and I never use it. I think it's a flat chance to hit reduction so in worst case it will bring the 95% hitchance down to 75% which will on average equal 5.25 out of 7 bullets hitting the target. That's not that bad actually. I don't think that 10 vs 6 PER would be of any help in this matter. 6 is for sure enough for 95% base hitchance at close range vs 0 evade. I can't bring the hitchance to 115% to have it reduced to 95% anyway.

Dumping STR would also lead to awfull carry capacity and would in turn force me to waste a precious feat slot just for Pack Rathound. If I would free two feat slots I'd much rather have Nimble or Crippling Strike.

If it turns out that Tommy Gun doesn't perform as well as hoped I have plan B to use one other unique SMG: Syg MPX which has better damage (25-37), base- and burst precission bonus instead of a penalty, 125% crit damage but also 16 base AP (need 15 dex to get it down to 9) and 8.6mm bullets (crafted are inferior to .44). I absolutely love explosive rounds as they synergize extremly well with the Expertise feat. Bonus damage not only aplies to base bullet damage but also to the explosive as well (mechanical part only) and it's amazing vs tightly packed crowds so I'd really love to keep the Tommy Gun here.
One thing that bothers me is that after I initiate combat from stealth I have to use Sprint to get out of .44 explosive range if I don't want to waste any AP. I usually like to save Sprint for strategical purposes.

Good thought on the taser. It should definatelly be the main melee weapon against robots. They can't bleed and don't have ribs either.
I'm not a big fan of Dirty Kick though. With 15 AP and 6 round cooldown it completely pales compared to Combo and it too can miss. Hitting once instead of 3 times would also miss some debuff stacks I mentioned above.

Juri

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2016, 12:35:48 am »
So no one has found the black arrow sniper? I'm really want to know where it is ^^

eLPuSHeR

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2016, 09:03:00 am »
I have just found a Bieretta 5mm pistol in one abandoned bunker in a cave somewhere. Good thing about this pistol is that it requires little AP to shoot. Damage isn't that great though.

EDIT: Corrected a typo in ammo type. Thanks Epeli. Good catch.  8)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 06:00:36 pm by eLPuSHeR »

Wildan

• Scavenger
  • Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2016, 02:11:46 pm »
So no one has found the black arrow sniper? I'm really want to know where it is ^^

I would atleast want to know its stats.

I think we need some unique hybrid weapons in the game. One thing that comes into my mind would be the 9mm VSS Vintorez which could be then used with the Snipe feat as a regular sniper or as an AR with burst fire along with Full Auto and Concentrated Fire. I would make it somewhat weaker then Dragunov so it doesn't get op but would also give a lower AP cost. Something like 23 AP so it can be fired twice per round as a sniper or 3 times under infuence of adrenaline/Blitz (69 AP) or once for a burst fire shot (also 69 AP).

Another hybrid gun that would make sense is the 7.62mm Stechkin APS. It would count as a pistol so it cappable of Gunslinger and Execute but also of burst fire. Again, relatively weak with some burst penalty (difficult to control without the shoulder stock) to not overpower crafted pistols and SMGs.

Wildan

• Scavenger
  • Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2016, 03:21:19 pm »
Wow thanks! Seems to be extremly optimized for opening snipe shots.

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2016, 03:49:11 pm »
Shame it has only 85% crit damage, it's the most important stat on snipers. It's only worth to sacrifice a little of it to get 2 shots per turn with Spearheads, other than that it should be the main focus.

Great with Snipe, but otherwise it's junk. I guess I could see it work with a lot of flasbangs to re-enter stealth and use Snipe again, but it's gimmicky at best.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 04:15:45 pm by Tygrende »

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2016, 05:28:52 pm »
Where did you even found the Black Arrow epeli? Finished the game twice after the release already and it's the only one I couldn't find. Or have you just taken the stats/picture from game files?

Davinrarre

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2016, 09:36:16 pm »
I've played through this game once on easy and twice on normal now; found every unique weapon except for the Black Arrow and Kukri.
SPOILERS BEWARE

Here's all the unique weapons that I've found and their locations:
Bieretta 99 - found in a storage facility in the caves to the east of Rail Crossing; the Protectorate quest line will have you go to this warehouse to retrieve some Mutagen D5s.
Gluck 17 - Panacea Lab in Upper Underrail.  It's on one of the dead bodies.
TT3000 - found on Marvin (Martin?) Junior's dead body in the Free Drones base; the best time to get this is during the last quest in the Protectorate questline.
W&S .44 Magnum - Wyatt Pear in Depot A, Junkyard.  Low level players beware because Wyatt is a pretty tough cookie.
Wasteland Hawk - Found on a named Lunatic in the shopping mall to the west of the Institute of Tchort; you will have to go to this place to retrieve an artifact if you want to join the Tchortists.
ZC 99 - Northeastern sector of Drop Zone, you will have to find the shack this weapon is located in in the first quest for JKK.
Phase Gun - Deep Caverns, in the section to the east of the main compound; the one with all the destructible walls.  Highly recommend bringing a Jackhammer as a lighter alternative to stacks of TNT.
XAL-001 - Institute of Tchort; Investigator Georgis will give you a quest to test this experimental chem pistol.  As long as you don't turn in the quest you can keep this weapon forever.
K&H MP6 - Depot A, in the underground section in one of the boxes.
Mini-Izu - Drop Zone, the building it's located in is south of the shack that Luben is located in for the Coretech questline.  There is a ladder to take you down to a ledge to enter the buildling; the SMG is upstairs.
NF R90 - Found on the dead body of Major Clifton in SRO, right above the Protectorate Embassy in Junkyard; you will have to kill him for the Free Drones questline.
Syg MPX - RAF 013 (I think it's called that).  You will have to go to this facility in the Tchortist questline to find Rassophore Nevil; the door to the zone is locked and inaccessible prior to this quest, so don't bother.
Tommy Gun - Found on the dead body of Joe de Pacino in Drop Zone for the Praetorian questline.
AKX - Found on the body of a Free Drone fighter during the Missing Train questline given by Capt. Herve in Rail Crossing.  You will have to kill the Free Drones yourself which locks you to the Protectorate faction.
K&H KH416 - Found on the body of the gang leader at the end of Gorsky's questline in Core City.  Forgot what the gang is called.
N16 - Found in the Protectorate Warehouse in the dock section of Core City.  It's the second storage unit from the right.
NF F2500 - Found in the Deep Caverns, in the Caerus Residential Blocks.  You need to clear out Arke Power station and redirect power to Caerus in order to access this weapon.
Steyr-Auch - Found in the sections somewhere to the south of Foundry and possibly east of Rail Crossing; on a named hostile NPC named Simon Peres.  Be warned, this NPC is surrounded by hostile Ironhead bandits.
AFW - in the Crystal Caves deep in the Foundry Mines; it's in the room where the Beast is, and the room is still accessible after you kill the Beast.  The rifle is on one of the dead soldiers.
Black Arrow - I have no idea.  The stats on this weapon hints that it's found in a higher-level zone, possibly Upper Underrail or Deep Caverns, but I am not sure.
Dragunov - Found in the tunnels beneath Buzzer's shop south of Rail Crossing.
Jawbone - Found on the dead body of the Rathound King.
Power Fist - Found in Hecate Research Facility, east of Foundry.  In a box in the basement of the facility with a bunch of Coil Spiders and grills that occasionally electrocute anyone that stands on them.
Ripper's Glove - Found on one of the Lunatics in the room west of Harpocrates Station in the Institute of Tchort; you will be asked to check the area out during one of the institute's quests.
The Claw - Found in the sewers of Core City, on one of the Muties.
Bone Handle Knife - Found on the body of a dead Tchortist in Deep Caverns, Leo wants this weapon back in order to befriend him.
Butcher's Cleaver - Found on the Lunatic Butcher in the tunnel systems in Lower Underrail; you will have to fight through him and several Lunatics during the Free Drones questline.
Dehumanizer - Found on a named NPC (Zaman?) in the Core City Sewers that you will have to kill for the Coretech questline.
Jackknife - Found on one of the Bandits in the residential level of GMS.
Kohlmeier's Lucky Knife - Found on a named NPC in Junkyard, Kohlmeier will give you a quest to retrieve this knife as well as telling you how to find it.
Kukri - No idea.
Balor's Hammer - Found on Balor to the south(?) of Foundry.  It's super heavy.
Mind Cracker - No idea.
Quake - Found on a named hostile NPC (Gubbins?) in Upper Underrail, surrounded by hostile bandits.

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2016, 10:18:50 pm »
I've played through this game once on easy and twice on normal now; found every unique weapon except for the Black Arrow and Kukri.
SPOILERS BEWARE

Here's all the unique weapons that I've found and their locations:
Bieretta 99 - found in a storage facility in the caves to the east of Rail Crossing; the Protectorate quest line will have you go to this warehouse to retrieve some Mutagen D5s.
Gluck 17 - Panacea Lab in Upper Underrail.  It's on one of the dead bodies.
TT3000 - found on Marvin (Martin?) Junior's dead body in the Free Drones base; the best time to get this is during the last quest in the Protectorate questline.
W&S .44 Magnum - Wyatt Pear in Depot A, Junkyard.  Low level players beware because Wyatt is a pretty tough cookie.
Wasteland Hawk - Found on a named Lunatic in the shopping mall to the west of the Institute of Tchort; you will have to go to this place to retrieve an artifact if you want to join the Tchortists.
ZC 99 - Northeastern sector of Drop Zone, you will have to find the shack this weapon is located in in the first quest for JKK.
Phase Gun - Deep Caverns, in the section to the east of the main compound; the one with all the destructible walls.  Highly recommend bringing a Jackhammer as a lighter alternative to stacks of TNT.
XAL-001 - Institute of Tchort; Investigator Georgis will give you a quest to test this experimental chem pistol.  As long as you don't turn in the quest you can keep this weapon forever.
K&H MP6 - Depot A, in the underground section in one of the boxes.
Mini-Izu - Drop Zone, the building it's located in is south of the shack that Luben is located in for the Coretech questline.  There is a ladder to take you down to a ledge to enter the buildling; the SMG is upstairs.
NF R90 - Found on the dead body of Major Clifton in SRO, right above the Protectorate Embassy in Junkyard; you will have to kill him for the Free Drones questline.
Syg MPX - RAF 013 (I think it's called that).  You will have to go to this facility in the Tchortist questline to find Rassophore Nevil; the door to the zone is locked and inaccessible prior to this quest, so don't bother.
Tommy Gun - Found on the dead body of Joe de Pacino in Drop Zone for the Praetorian questline.
AKX - Found on the body of a Free Drone fighter during the Missing Train questline given by Capt. Herve in Rail Crossing.  You will have to kill the Free Drones yourself which locks you to the Protectorate faction.
K&H KH416 - Found on the body of the gang leader at the end of Gorsky's questline in Core City.  Forgot what the gang is called.
N16 - Found in the Protectorate Warehouse in the dock section of Core City.  It's the second storage unit from the right.
NF F2500 - Found in the Deep Caverns, in the Caerus Residential Blocks.  You need to clear out Arke Power station and redirect power to Caerus in order to access this weapon.
Steyr-Auch - Found in the sections somewhere to the south of Foundry and possibly east of Rail Crossing; on a named hostile NPC named Simon Peres.  Be warned, this NPC is surrounded by hostile Ironhead bandits.
AFW - in the Crystal Caves deep in the Foundry Mines; it's in the room where the Beast is, and the room is still accessible after you kill the Beast.  The rifle is on one of the dead soldiers.
Black Arrow - I have no idea.  The stats on this weapon hints that it's found in a higher-level zone, possibly Upper Underrail or Deep Caverns, but I am not sure.
Dragunov - Found in the tunnels beneath Buzzer's shop south of Rail Crossing.
Jawbone - Found on the dead body of the Rathound King.
Power Fist - Found in Hecate Research Facility, east of Foundry.  In a box in the basement of the facility with a bunch of Coil Spiders and grills that occasionally electrocute anyone that stands on them.
Ripper's Glove - Found on one of the Lunatics in the room west of Harpocrates Station in the Institute of Tchort; you will be asked to check the area out during one of the institute's quests.
The Claw - Found in the sewers of Core City, on one of the Muties.
Bone Handle Knife - Found on the body of a dead Tchortist in Deep Caverns, Leo wants this weapon back in order to befriend him.
Butcher's Cleaver - Found on the Lunatic Butcher in the tunnel systems in Lower Underrail; you will have to fight through him and several Lunatics during the Free Drones questline.
Dehumanizer - Found on a named NPC (Zaman?) in the Core City Sewers that you will have to kill for the Coretech questline.
Jackknife - Found on one of the Bandits in the residential level of GMS.
Kohlmeier's Lucky Knife - Found on a named NPC in Junkyard, Kohlmeier will give you a quest to retrieve this knife as well as telling you how to find it.
Kukri - No idea.
Balor's Hammer - Found on Balor to the south(?) of Foundry.  It's super heavy.
Mind Cracker - No idea.
Quake - Found on a named hostile NPC (Gubbins?) in Upper Underrail, surrounded by hostile bandits.

Kukri is found on the Ol' Chopper, a murderer in the caves near Junkyard.

Mind Cracker is in a box in the secret laboratory part of  the Insitute of Tchort.

Coaxl

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2016, 09:24:54 am »
No, Kukri and the Ol' Chopper who carries it are actually near Camp Hathor, slightly to the north and/or west of it I think - there is a footlocker with blood next to it and the guy will try to ambush you.

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2016, 03:42:48 pm »
Right, I confused the two. Nice catch.