Author Topic: Need feedback with "assassin/thief" knife build  (Read 2218 times)

Ghataka

• Noob
    • View Profile
Need feedback with "assassin/thief" knife build
« on: December 23, 2020, 08:28:36 pm »
I'm trying to build a kinda vanilla assassin/thief character for normal just to ease into the game and explore, full on knives crit build and throwing, i haven't played in over a year and didn't play that much before that so i'm lost with the current state of this kinda build, but since it's for normal i figured i could do whatever (?)

This is what i've got for a level 6

https://underrail.info/build/?BgMLCgMFAwYADwAoKCgoKCYgABQAAAAPAAAAAAAAACckMQkG378

I feel like i'm spreading it too thin and i can't get all the crafting skills i want as high as i want, i played around with pickpocketing in the past and it was pretty fun with a stealth build so i definitely wanna keep that. Is there something i could drop or temporarely put on hold in order to raise crafting? I have barely any idea when it comes to priorities with skills and how useful they are early on >mid game> late game.

With the stats my idea is to keep raising dex and that's it, and with the perks, hard to pick cause i want a lot of them but i've tried to single out what i think are the most needed right now. I don't know if i should've get ninja looter from the beginning but my idea is too get fancy footwork next, need some help with feat priority too, and that's all i think.

PS: Since i'm doing oddity and i want this character to explore the game i don't really wanna drop hacking and lockpicking, but anyways i'll listen to any tips.

cypherusuh

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Need feedback with "assassin/thief" knife build
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2020, 12:08:12 pm »
Knife, as in the old days, are pretty bad.
Although, at some point, it gets buffed because you could cutthroat easier with flashbang.
Imo, you should try making the end-game build first instead of going full blind run.
The easiest way to plan your character is just pick feats you want, then adjust your stats accordingly.
For the "non-primary" stats, you could Google Destroyor's steam guide for recommended "soft-cap".

I did knife+throwing before the flashbang buff, and it works quite nicely on Hard. Although Foundry is kinda annoying because there's monster which immune to crit, have high mechanical DT, and pretty high HP.
I recommend to put Hypertoxicity to kill it faster.