Author Topic: Which level for Depot A  (Read 5760 times)

killgor

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Which level for Depot A
« on: December 29, 2015, 04:54:45 am »
My Level is 8 and in the Depot A I ran into two mutated dogs with 180 health an a mutant with 410 health. I don't know how to win that. Sorry for any grammatical errors, I'm from Germany.

Wildan

• Scavenger
  • Slayer
    • View Profile
Re: Which level for Depot A
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 05:41:24 am »
Level 8 is normal for that part but before I head to Junkyard I like to explore the caves south west of SGS (heading south from the train tracks on the lowest level) to collect a bit extra xp points. I only recommend that on classic as it has only few oddites to be found.

As for Depot A you'll have a much easier time with acid resistance so you need either a metal armor or even better a leather armor made of siphoner or mutated dog leather.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 05:43:19 am by Wildan »

Toast

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 06:03:42 am »
That is the first real difficulty spike in the game. It is normal to struggle there. Use every tool you have at your disposal--caltrops, grenades, flashbangs. Take morphine. Remember that you can leave the zone in the middle of a fight to heal and reset your ability timers--IF you get lucky and can avoid getting stuck in place by the acid spit.

CZ75

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 06:14:09 am »
My Level is 8 and in the Depot A I ran into two mutated dogs with 180 health an a mutant with 410 health. I don't know how to win that. Sorry for any grammatical errors, I'm from Germany.

Well,actually you don't need to fight mutants at all if your stealth skill is high enough,you can sneak pass them and go into the yard where the circuit board is,and then sneak exit.

bati

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 01:44:05 pm »
If you kill a siphoner you can craft yourself a pretty nice early game acid resist armor. It helps A LOT in Depot A.

Coaxl

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2015, 01:46:04 pm »
Alternatively, I think my psion got mutated dog leather armor from one of Page's raiders, the ones that are beyond the eastern entrance of the lowest level of the GMS compound (presumably where the raiders in the compound came from).

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2015, 03:37:37 pm »
Its not the question of level, but do you have armor with acid resistance.  8)