Author Topic: Misplaced wall / pillar?  (Read 1675 times)

Prophet

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Misplaced wall / pillar?
« on: January 22, 2014, 07:14:24 pm »
I don't know if it is a bug, but it looks like this 'pillar' is somewhat clipping into wall behind it (like it should be connected to this wall, but it isn't). It's located in the eastern side of the caves with outposts you need to activate.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Misplaced wall / pillar?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 05:03:34 pm »
I don't know if it is a bug, but it looks like this 'pillar' is somewhat clipping into wall behind it (like it should be connected to this wall, but it isn't). It's located in the eastern side of the caves with outposts you need to activate.

Fixed.

Something similar - I think you're supposed to see through these small crevices?

At least in this case, it would've provided a nice sneak peek into the cavern beyond (there were destructible rocks blocking the way)

edit - This is from map lux-a12. There are a couple of similar crevices, but this is the most obvious one.

It's actually closed off, but because the sight mechanics do not differentiate between the wall sides and corners, you cannot see them connect. We're going to avoid connecting walls in this way in the future because it doesn't look good when there's shroud (unlike when it's in the editor ;) ).