Author Topic: Smg, trap and stealth, (maybe throwing) bad or viable, too spread out?  (Read 6045 times)

kakalbo123

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Smg, trap and stealth, (maybe throwing) bad or viable, too spread out?
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2019, 12:38:21 pm »
Switched to steel cat, has a 24 ap burst, and I only have 50 ap. I bet my silenced jaguar could manage 3.

kakalbo123

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Smg, trap and stealth, (maybe throwing) bad or viable, too spread out?
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2019, 04:11:06 pm »
I just finished the game for the first time with this build, played on normal and dumped dex to 14 the rest to perception. You can literally get by through a normal difficulty game with just spamming burst, occasional quick tinkering to save your ass.

All in all, there are difficult portions particularly in the early-mid where I chose to do expedition that would have been hard to finish, stealth got me through them. Returning to underrail after expedition main quest, almost everything was a breeze with just burst. The only thing killing me is strong damage bursts from various stealthed enemies and psionics. This build is pretty boring, I went on the assumption that traps would help me, however, I think it's the high stealth that allowed me to skip combats where traps would have been necessary.

In conclusion, I personally found the build boring, you can add more active gun feats but what for if burst works to end it quickly.