Author Topic: Kidnapping Ezra: freakin idea for fanmade sequel story [spoilers included]  (Read 1457 times)

paulkirikawa

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Apologize for keep generating low-quality topics. Anyway I found this forum is apex!
So far I haven't seen Styg and Corp's attitude towards fanmade fiction or other products based on Underrail, so if there was restrictions plz contact me and I'll remove this topic.

-SPOILERS AHEAD-
As we've seen in the game, Wyatt's description of that "plasma cell" guy suits Ezra so perfect. After joining Oculus the player character could get information about Occulite's action, specifically, their service. Even Tanner asked for their help. (Consider that Godmen always use minions to reach their goals, this might be an ordinary fact)
Let me get this straight: it has been promising for ended-game player character to order an inside-assault from occulites, neutralizing & capturing Ezra and prepare for an interrogation, expose tons of secrets. I don't know what kind of payment they want 'cause you can't order a Oculus service in actual game, if it's charon, things would be easy. Otherwise maybe you can share your knowledge of Deep Caverns, combat, old Biocorp or even supersteel, based on your preference.
According to the background and game lore, if you choose to retire at SGS you have entered council and took the place previously belongs to Tanner. As game intro displayed, you are in charge of testing new applicant managing to join SGS. It's relatively easy for you to help occulites infiltrate this society, hence many chance for them to reach Ezra without suspicion.
Based on in-game mechanics, Ezra is not immune for stun and incapacitation, but not sure whether he have LoC and once it's positive, it might result something really bad. Additionally, he is the only one who wields secret thought control tricks in south (or all) Underrail. E.g. creating illusion spaces to trap people, (presumably) projecting pseudo item for another shape. Khazum Morakht whisperers are the best choice for kidnapping Ezra (with powerful thought control skills, especially psi inhibition) but I seriously doubt whether it's possible because these warriors are obliged to protect Oculus, not doing some Occulite task, so maybe the character need some northerner help. Not to mention if the preparition was all done, more than one psionic joining SGS would trigger suspicion from Pasquale (since every outsider have to pass physical examination before entering SGS).
Despite those troubles, once the kidnapping was done, you should choose a proper location for later movements. Cause a really bad blackout (with high hacking skill and full access in whole station), make Harold worry about recovery, then head to Junkyard with jet ski (better avoid Svana). I think if you've been keeping a good relationship with Scrappers they will let you carry some sensitive cargo into Depot A, or with the aid of some charon, and Wyatt is an important witness. Gorsky (if you helped him forming Silver Hands) might help if you tell him all the truth (selectively) but the trip to Core City is much longer.
Give me advice and more crazy ideas!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 05:02:48 am by paulkirikawa »
Nihil sub, sole novum

paulkirikawa

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Kidnapping Ezra: freakin idea for fanmade sequel story [spoilers included]
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 04:10:16 am »
Order a hit on ezra?  Consider who the other guy wyatt describes looks like, and where that guy comes from.

Recall that I've seen some hints about Biocorp apex technocrat Wight and Vovin, they might be the two guys Wyatt mentioned. Will do some reading in residential block, thanks.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 04:51:42 am by paulkirikawa »
Nihil sub, sole novum

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 04:28:11 am »
Looks like somebody hired oculus to whack my last post. 

Better delete your last one too.
*eurobeat intensifies*

paulkirikawa

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 04:54:03 am »
Looks like somebody hired oculus to whack my last post. 

Better delete your last one too.

Not oculite works, I removed the earlier topic myself 'cause I forgot there's "modify" button at that moment.
According to Oculus terminal info, Anton Matveev/Wight matches Ezra perfectly, and I doubt that there's any chance to track Kirill Gavrilyuk/Vovin.
Wyatt said the other one is "skinny, face burnt", seems no one fit such traits in actual game. Maybe Ezra covered his companion with his ability and this one is just Quinton/Bisson?

(update) Dayum, I spotted the one you refer to. If Ezra's old companion works for Oculus at game time, I'd eat a iron ban for this crazy idea.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 10:19:09 am by paulkirikawa »
Nihil sub, sole novum

brobotics

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2018, 04:54:35 pm »
I wanna know how these people are even still alive. According to Occulus, Hollow Earth went to shit 150-200 years ago, and 'Old Biocorp' dissolved 100 years ago (even though it got reformed under Protectorate in the North). Operation Banishment only happened like 30 years ago, since Archibald Knight was there and presumably doesnt have any Biocorp life-extention necromancy shit going for him.

So was Anton Mateev AKA Ezra working with Biocorp at the same time as Wit Nosek or much later? If he was really associated with the real 'Old Biocorp', then he's gotta be 100+ if not 150+. My guess is that Wit Nosek is like 200+ years when he finally kicks the bucket. Also, I think Mordre is much younger than Ezra and was never involved with hardcore Biocorp, just the remnants of it post-Hollow Earth.

So how the hell is Ezra still alive? Has he got Project Ark tech keeping him alive or something else? His mutant-like appearance reminds me of Gunter Vasilica who you can find in the vents of Caerus Residential. Gunter has been living in there as a mutant for fucking 200+ years, depending on where you date the Hollow Earth Incident to, of course. Did Ezra harness some mutagen tech more carefully or something? Idk

Regardless Im positive Ezra is a very significant character in the lore. Styg using his portrait is a big hint.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2018, 08:11:59 pm »
I think it's okay to say that ezra is thought to be anton, but that isn't really necessary because the game gives you another reason why he's immortal, as well as the guy who went to junkyard with him (who you can also talk to). 

Wit was involved in old biocorp genetics magic, though it wasn't perfect because he does get old and senile. 

There's one other character you talk to who was in old biocorp (heavily implied to be, but never outright stated) who is not only still alive but still young.  He was involved in some DC stuff that had to do with longevity, but I am not 100% what it was or how it was supposed to work.
*eurobeat intensifies*

paulkirikawa

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2018, 11:59:04 pm »
I wanna know how these people are even still alive. According to Occulus, Hollow Earth went to shit 150-200 years ago, and 'Old Biocorp' dissolved 100 years ago (even though it got reformed under Protectorate in the North). Operation Banishment only happened like 30 years ago, since Archibald Knight was there and presumably doesnt have any Biocorp life-extention necromancy shit going for him.

So was Anton Mateev AKA Ezra working with Biocorp at the same time as Wit Nosek or much later? If he was really associated with the real 'Old Biocorp', then he's gotta be 100+ if not 150+. My guess is that Wit Nosek is like 200+ years when he finally kicks the bucket. Also, I think Mordre is much younger than Ezra and was never involved with hardcore Biocorp, just the remnants of it post-Hollow Earth.

So how the hell is Ezra still alive? Has he got Project Ark tech keeping him alive or something else? His mutant-like appearance reminds me of Gunter Vasilica who you can find in the vents of Caerus Residential. Gunter has been living in there as a mutant for fucking 200+ years, depending on where you date the Hollow Earth Incident to, of course. Did Ezra harness some mutagen tech more carefully or something? Idk

Regardless Im positive Ezra is a very significant character in the lore. Styg using his portrait is a big hint.

I wonder if there are some kinds of "perfect mutation" that own unbelieveable immunity and relatively immortality (I mean, they can be killed by direct damage)
Some in-game facts:
1.Wyatt still alive.
2.Wyatt's contemporaries all dead (at least in his vision).
3.Wyatt is immune to stun and critical hit.
4.Grown psimorph is immune to critical hit.
4.Detritus' family all dead, due to the Drop Zone plague.
4.Detritus has never been ill in his life.

Maybe Anton tried some genetic trick to make himself a perfect one, but partly succeed (partly faied)? And, obviously, Institute of Tchorts' investigators want to mock some old Biocorp miracle, but I'm not sure it's the reason for Detritus' transformation.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 02:20:02 am by paulkirikawa »
Nihil sub, sole novum