Author Topic: New player here. Looking for help regarding builds.  (Read 2741 times)

Lers

• Noob
    • View Profile
New player here. Looking for help regarding builds.
« on: June 23, 2021, 12:57:04 pm »
Hi. Bought the game after viewing SSeth's review on the game and I need help deciding on a build for my first playthrough.
I have read that a proper build is necessary, because there's no respec in the game and the game difficulty.
I'm interested in stealth build, but don't know where to distribute base attributes or skills.
Also if you have a suggestion for a alternative build, they are also welcomed.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: New player here. Looking for help regarding builds.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 09:36:54 pm »
A proper build isn't necessary, just don't pick skills and feats at random.  You probably wont see/do everything on a blind run, but that's part of the fun.  The game is great and you'll replay it if you like it.  I suggest playing completely blind first.  I guess the one thing newbies need to know is to read everything and study the mechanics of the game early (in-game I mean, not on the wiki or whatever), and its better to focus your build than to dabble, but as you play you'll get a feel for how much you need in skills.  Keep a few separate saves at least an hour apart each.
*eurobeat intensifies*

Niko

Re: New player here. Looking for help regarding builds.
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2021, 02:56:56 am »
The Harper knows what's up. Also, one of the biggest things for a newbie is to realize the panic with all the crap you pick up. Chill, and take time with it. Play on normal, or easy at first and pick it up from where you want to go. Builds are for hardcored dominating fantasists who want to demolish the encounters that bullied them the most when they started few thousand ingame hours ago.