Author Topic: The Value of Base stats  (Read 5443 times)

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
The Value of Base stats
« on: April 02, 2013, 09:01:52 pm »
So, this is mostly a question, or a series thereof:

What values do base stats exactly have?
If I want to make a character that is as tough as possible, a slow lumbering Juggernaut (Actually named him that), with enough Intelligence to Craft Metal Armors and the like, do I need Dexterity at all?
Are there any penalties for having a stat close to 0?

Will Armor Encumbrance affect absolute speed, or relative? As in, if I expect to get 80% encumbrance, would reducing Agility to 3 result in 0 MP, or just 20% of 24 = 4.8?
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: The Value of Base stats
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 09:26:37 pm »
I wouldn't worry about dexterity in your particular build, but the 3 is the minimum stat value for player characters.

Encumbrance is applied last (with exception of sprint bonus which is always applied on top and ignores encumbrance) and it reduces your max movement points by the specified amount.

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 09:45:17 pm »
Thanks for the fast answer!
I decided to go for 3 Dex, 4 Agi now, and maybe add a point of Agi later on.
I hope I can scrounge up enough money for PSI boosters, 6 will will not get me far with shrooms.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 03:17:14 am »
Unless you can get agility up to 6 for the sprint feat, I wouldn't bother because the encumbrance basically reduces all agility based stats (dodge, evasion, movement, stealth). And in the case of metal armor, it almost negates them completely.

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 04:32:07 pm »
Another question:
Do I need strength for a Stealth Character?
Backstabbing, stealing, etc?
It's a bonus for melee, but then again, how much does that really do?
Edit: I used 4 Strength on that char to allow for an upgrade should it turn out it's useful.
I'm always pissed when I missskill a character. Just got annoyed by a pure PSI char with good drop luck because I noticed I got 4 dex, and that won't get me anything.

And I can't get all outposts up....

Edit2: I suppose my original question about encumbrance was born from always picking nimble and never going above the 15% it offers. So yeah, I'm completely oblivious. Gonna work on that now.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 04:45:21 pm by UnLimiTeD »