Underrail > Development Log

Dev Log #55: Global Map

<< < (6/6)

Yosharian:
Registered just to post this:

I got hooked on Underrail quite a while ago when I heard about it through a YouTuber.

Spent a long time devising a build that I liked, spent an extremely long time absorbing the first stages of the game, was fascinated and enthralled by the game and its adherence to old-school role-playing.

Didn't mind the old-school approach to playing without a map at all...  until I reached the tunnels.

It killed my enthusiasm for the game completely. I got lost more or less immediately, found navigating the tunnels extremely, extremely difficult.  I even went as far as trying to create my own map with a pencil and paper.  But I just couldn't do it.

I guess I am old (36 this year), or maybe I am just too used to having an in-game map.

I can tell you that it's not due to laziness that this happened.  I am the type of gamer that mods out HUD compasses, quest markers, and all kinds of modern game conventions that I think ruin immersion or provide short-cuts where none are needed.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I am really impressed that the developer of Underrail is putting in a map feature, and I can't wait to get back into the game and experience the rest of it!

I think it goes to show how incredible the game is, that I still remember vividly all the parts of the game I did experience.  I don't even have any worries about feeling lost again when I get back into it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version