Author Topic: [Expedition] Force User hybrid build  (Read 5327 times)

RodrigoVega

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
[Expedition] Force User hybrid build
« on: August 10, 2019, 10:17:38 am »
Nothing fancy but just wanted to share a force user hybrid build that's quite fun to play.

Usually psi monk (either DEX or STR) go with 3 will. And sometimes with a bit of Thougth Contro for crowd control.
With Expedition, 7 will (Force User) psi monk is now quite viable because :
- Veteran feat to boost your STR
- Neuroscopic filter on your headband to boost your Electrokinesis

http://underrail.info.tm/build/?HgsIBgUDBwYAMgDCoMKgwqBkRjIAAGRkADJaAMKgAAAAAAArOWkkICoUEgcGZ0UxSybCtnzCucKewqBsGsKd4qK1AuKslgbirJcB4qyqBt-_

What's fun :
- You're a real hybrid between melee and psi
- Feel powerful without being OP : great single target damage dealer, lack of AOE. Electrokinesis is still more about crowd control and debuff. You could also go with Grenadier if you feel like it.
- I prefer stealth characters but if you want to use the new Tesla Armor, this build is for you (with Nimble and Body weight training)

Core feats: corporeal projection, Force User, Psychostatic Electricity, Lightning Punches, Expose weakness, Combo, Premeditation

I went with sturdy super steel metal armor and metal gloves. Don't recommend infused rathound boots. It's just 2% critical chance.

At level 28, my TPunch is 314-495. Electrokinesis 56-147 (boosted by 38% with headband)

TruthSeeker

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: [Expedition] Force User hybrid build
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2019, 12:09:19 am »
I'm looking to maybe change my current build for a psi monk

and I'm curious why would you go strength instead of dex for a melee build ?
dex reduces your mele ap cost a lot ,  and strength increases dmg

in what case you want one or the other?

cypherusuh

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: [Expedition] Force User hybrid build
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 02:13:45 am »
It's because the build is focused on Corporeal Projection (and usually Power Fist unique gloves) . If you wanna focus more on the punching, max dex 3 str would be better. 8 dex is good enough for 4x leather, 2x metal gloves attack for Combo proc abuse, each Combo cost 25 AP.

For the case, it's up to you, both offers its strength and both has different playstyle, albeit having slight difference