Author Topic: All music ingame has turned into high pitched beeping/electronic noises  (Read 451 times)

Tordiff

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
I'd started another playthrough of Underrail at the beginning of the year and this issue (after hundreds of hours on this playthrough alone) cropped up around May, seemingly out of nowhere.

It was working fine and then one day it wasn't, I don't believe that I've had any kind of audio or windows updates around that time so I have absolutely no clue why this is happening.

I've uploaded a short video showing the issue, you'll notice when changing the main menu both themes take a good few seconds to start being audible but are completely broken.

This goes for any track in the game, I've reloaded saves and every track in the game seems to be like this.

If I actually run the file for the music from the game's folder it sounds just fine, I've tried several clean installs to no avail. (Also tried opting out of the experimental version)

If anyone can help it'd be much appreciated, really missing playing this game and I'm desperate to play the DLC when it's out.

EDIT: Just found out I can't even post external links, so I have no clue how to link this damn youtube video now.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 07:28:39 pm by Tordiff »

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
I wonder if this bug is somehow related to the music slowdown/speedup while In Motion, since that was a relatively recent change.

Tordiff

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
I'd already played around some with motion and made it way further in the game.

I've tried also running the game through speakers.

Since I can't post the direct video link I'll post the video code that goes after "watch?v=" in the youtube link.

MbqdaB8CSAY

Tordiff

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Any chance anyone can take a look at this?

I've asked around about this in other places and gotten no responses there either.

It's a totally bizarre issue and I have no clue how to go about fixing it and I'd really really like to have it fixed soon with the upcoming DLC and all.

It seems like one of my favorite games is just permanently bricked now.

Tordiff

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Actually managed to finally figure the issue out, deleting/moving alsoft.ini in Appdata/Roaming seemed to fix the issue.