Author Topic: Bug or intended?  (Read 1141 times)

WakingComa

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Bug or intended?
« on: April 08, 2018, 03:10:22 pm »
Basically, if an ally walks over fire from a molotov cocktail I just threw, his faction becomes hostile. The same thing happens when I affect an enemy with thermodynamic destabilization and an ally is damaged by the resulting AOE after the enemy's death. Both cases usually happen due to a melee ally and is super frustrating.

While I'm on board with mines and AOE abilities like pyrokinesis and cryokinetic orb causing hostility, I'm not sure if the 2 cases mentioned should be classified as a hostile action allies. This makes me tend to completely ignore such abilities and items when fighting with allies even though they should pose decent tactical value in a group combat situation.

Hazard

• Oculite
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Bug or intended?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 06:08:07 pm »
Styg will have to open that can of worms at some point between the end of the world and the release of Expedition.

So sometime before the universe itself disappears, but long after all the stars in the night sky have died?  ;D

Twiglard

Re: Bug or intended?
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 03:56:30 am »
I confirm that issue. My workaround is to avoid incendiaries in team fights. They're not difficult. Ideally, a stray bullet or aoe damage wouldn't trip off a faction, unless the damage is actually significant. See Fallout 2 where NPCs had a "tolerance". Sometimes you bursted through Vic, killing him, and it was fine for the party. But start combat, unload at Vic, and now the entire party is hostile. Unless told to "hold position" some screens away, of course.

All that was at Fallout 2 time, when NPCs weren't known for intelligence in the slightest. They either shot or for all APs toward you.

Styg will have to open that can of worms at some point between the end of the world and the release of Expedition.

So sometime before the universe itself disappears, but long after all the stars in the night sky have died?  ;D

Two words: proton decay.