Author Topic: Crafting, merchants, and selling questions  (Read 1225 times)

MonthOLDpickle

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Crafting, merchants, and selling questions
« on: June 27, 2019, 12:44:10 am »
I seen it mentioned that you get a crafting bonus when at "home", is home your private quarters?

Also, should I just sell everything I don't use (like guns & ammo)? I am beginning to have issues remembering what sells to whom. If a person says I accept 4 guns and you sell them 4 guns, can you not sell them more afterwards?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 01:43:05 am by MonthOLDpickle »

ent

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Crafting, merchants, and selling questions
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 02:03:44 am »
No your room in South Gate station isn't your "home". You get an actual house later where you can use work benches (which you buy) that provide a 15 percent bonus to your crafting skills. Merchants also reset after some time and you can sell them more stuff.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 02:06:37 am by ent »

newageofpower

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 05:24:00 am »
I seen it mentioned that you get a crafting bonus when at "home", is home your private quarters?

Also, should I just sell everything I don't use (like guns & ammo)? I am beginning to have issues remembering what sells to whom. If a person says I accept 4 guns and you sell them 4 guns, can you not sell them more afterwards?
You get a house with upgradable workbenches in the basement after progressing sufficiently in the main quest.

As for merchant restock/demand refresh...

http://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Merchants

Every 90 minutes.

MonthOLDpickle

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 02:19:47 pm »
Thanks! Very useful. If I am not getting disassemble, should I just sell everything that isn't crafting material?

newageofpower

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2019, 03:08:29 pm »
Thanks! Very useful. If I am not getting disassemble, should I just sell everything that isn't crafting material?
I prefer scrap and turn into recycle kits, maybe carry a few of the most valuable items if I'm near a settlement with right merchant types.

Dragging around everything to sell is implausible because 1) STR/Carry Weight 2) Merchant Buy Limits. Even wtih Mercantile you won't be able to dump *everything*