Author Topic: Wilderness  (Read 1466 times)

VaeliusNoctu

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Wilderness
« on: April 27, 2015, 11:21:24 pm »
Hello,

i love the Crafting and Hunting in that Game, but there was no real huntig Grounds out there. What i found cool would be some Big Areas isolated somewhere with Dangerous Wildlife.

Maybe a forgotten Village with People living there. A village from which no one facing something that deposited there life. With some Story driven Quests. Can be a good side story.

Yeah i know it sounds familiar to camp Hathor but there was no real dangerous Wildlife besides the Burrower Quest.

Greetz

VN

Gman

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Wilderness
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 07:17:48 pm »
If you traverse the cave tunnels often in the lower areas, this is easily hunting grounds. As a crafter player too, the amount of usable leathers, adrenaline, and morphine if you wander far enough, was more than ample/profitable, to the point in most of my games I often travel exclusively these tunnels when going around unless I am specifically hauling stuff to sell and am loaded. 

With the addition of the deep caves in final release too, this might be more of a thing even more so, depending on what the environment is like/other additional tunnels to the ones we have.  There does need to be some more dangerous wildlife, though, than crawlers.  Enjoyed their challenge, but aside from them, the difficult wlidlife seemed to be few.  Burrowers I do not really count, as their only useable thing being plate or poison, neither of which you need in huge quantities or even to sell imo.  They are just difficult/costly to kill with no profit. And burrowers are not often in an easy to access area, for a variety of reasons. People gonna just cave in the area/path, or they are naturally isolated.  Because, screw Burrower poison...

VaeliusNoctu

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 01:03:59 am »
New Creatures Would a nice Idea and some Ancient Versions like the Ancient Rathound. Why not Ancient Syphoner, Psi Beetle, Burrower etc...

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 08:13:17 pm »
While I'm not big on the idea of creating new graphics and mechanics for non-gameplay-relevant content, in this case, it could actually nicely tie in and be easy to do.
A slight recolour would make some cheap variations possible, and it would allow us to potentially get higher quality Beetle Carapaces and an additional type of leather with different stats.
So, why not.
As for Burrowers, we just need to be able to work with their meat with sufficient biology skill.
Could even be a quest to supply a burger house.
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

VaeliusNoctu

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 02:16:03 am »
Yes, The Burrower Burger XL. lol

I would love to see some new Creatures like Ants maybe BIG Ants that Life in a large nest with their queen. Explore such a construction would be really cool.