Author Topic: Need help with My build still a newbie at this  (Read 2115 times)

YoungCourier

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Need help with My build still a newbie at this
« on: July 30, 2021, 06:58:47 am »
Hi guys,Im still new At playing the game and then i learn from one of my pals that there a character builder to see your build progression. I need help if this build is well enough or is there still room for improvement... Since after this i wanna try dominating or hard....

There 4 build i need help with :

Flagellant Build (Psychosis Psi build) : https://underrail.info/build/?HgMGAwkDDggAHgAAAADCoFRXAChKUiMxWcKgwqDCoEYAAAArwr8oYsKDLBY9Lh_Chyplwr0hwoRmcsK3wp3CrsOH4qGGBOKitQLiq6UF4rC5BN-_

Cave Wizard Build (Tranquility Psi Build) : https://underrail.info/build/?HgMGAwMFDgwALQAAAADCoElfACg6UUIlS8KgwqDCoEYAAAArKMKDPxRXPS4qwodkwr1mIRZywrfCisKdwp7CrsOH4qKjA-KitQLipoYK378

Kerrigan Build (Sniper + Psi): https://underrail.info/build/?HgUFBwkLAwbCoHIAAAAAwqBnYwAAWWpdMWIARgDCiwAAACt_ASgxJDliNQIqwod-M0vCtcKkwojDhcKdwq7CnsKfbOKitQLip74K4qulAuKvvQHfvw

Poledancer Build (Spear with Throw+TM+Psychokinesis) : https://underrail.info/build/?Hg0GCgMDBQYAwqAAwqAAwqBkZ1wAAFJqADxiAEYAWQAAACQoMRk5wpXCkgYSwpTCk8KsSwDCtsOFwp3CrcKuwp7Cn8KhK8KHKuKdjQbip74E4rOOAuKzpAPfvw

All build Will use oddity XP

Any help or criticism is very well accepted :)

P.S : I happen to found some in-depth faq from destroyor and it very helpful.i notice its not very updated,is it still good as of now ?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 02:40:24 pm by YoungCourier »

Turbodevil

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with My build still a newbie at this
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2021, 08:34:37 am »
WTF you beat me to Kerrigan build  >:(

Though mine will have 10 Will and melt brains when not sniping.

Also, beat me to PK spear. Can't pretend I play original hybrid anymore  >:(

RewRatt

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2021, 09:21:04 am »
Flagellant Build:
- Premeditation should be picked up ASAP, because for the opening turn could add 50-100% more damage.
- Don't worry about the Initiative so much for Stealth build - it will mainly be for Arena. And some Root Soda + starting at full health should minimize the risk anyway 😉
- Having Low AGI is not good for a Stealth build - you WILL want Sprint, as Temporal Contraction arrives only after Depot A and is Expensive for PSI build to use.
- Grenadier + poor throwing = you will nade yourself more often than not. Get at least 95 effective (125 for perfect throws).
- 4 Psi schools are a no go, unless you plan to switch out very often, as just next room might have enemies you are innefective against. For example: without proper investment in Temporal Manipulation, will mean that Nagas in Expedition will be near unbeatable for you. To quote:
They are virtually indestructible with high Mechanical, Electricity, Heat and Energy resistances in addition to extremely high health.
- No social skills? You have high Will and Int - they will need a minimal investment. And you want Mercantile, as it locks high level components behind it's checks. 92 + Under Pie for 95 effective is recommended (specific great trader unlocked by quests).
- Hemopsychosis is not really that useful, for SI builds, as you will be running around with low health already. And you would pop Last Stand to survive more often, than Last Stand + Hemopsychosis for 1 turn of casting..

In general, I wouldn't advise Survival Instincts builds for first timers. More so, 4 school, where you have to know each enemy you will encounter and have to swap out skills prior. Trust me - this is too much of a hastle.. go TC or Metathermics + TM and you will be fine.

For Cave Wizzard:
- Almost everything I mendtioned prior.
- Otherwise, pick 2, 3 schools tops and go to town 😁
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 09:36:03 am by RewRatt »

RewRatt

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2021, 09:55:59 am »
Sniper-PSI:
- What are you after with 70 in Psychokinesis? You only need 45 for Telecinetic Imprint.
- No Mercantile. Again, 95 effective for all good quality components.
- No Grenadier (as 5DEX), so no reason for such high chemistry. You can get away with 69 effective for MKIV grenades. Later, you will get Plasma Grenades, that use Electronics.
- Not sure about the side-arm, not seeing any supporting Feats. Go with SMG + Spec Ops or Shotgun or Pistol (low dps thanks to low DEX).
- Paranoia (not needed), Recklessnes and Nimble can wait, put some more important feats earlier on. E.g.: Sprint(1), Ambush(6), Shooting Spree(10), Critical Power(14).
- I would say, drop 1 in AGI as not using any 7 requiring feats and put it into DEX. Then grab Grenadier. Flashbangs, Frags, EMP will be really useful and got the throwing for it 😄

Same thing of course - SI for new players is not recommended (imo). Also, get a side-arm. I would go with SMG and Spec-Ops to strip Projections(Illusions) from thought controllers and to kill raffle that get in close. Even a Rapid Muzzled 8.6mm Steelcat, will have a 12AP cost with 6DEX and 24AP to Burst - so you can burst twice without Adrenaline.

YoungCourier

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2021, 10:25:27 am »
Sniper-PSI:
- What are you after with 70 in Psychokinesis? You only need 45 for Telecinetic Imprint.
- No Mercantile. Again, 95 effective for all good quality components.
- No Grenadier (as 5DEX), so no reason for such high chemistry. You can get away with 69 effective for MKIV grenades. Later, you will get Plasma Grenades, that use Electronics.
- Not sure about the side-arm, not seeing any supporting Feats. Go with SMG + Spec Ops or Shotgun or Pistol (low dps thanks to low DEX).
- Paranoia (not needed), Recklessnes and Nimble can wait, put some more important feats earlier on. E.g.: Sprint(1), Ambush(6), Shooting Spree(10), Critical Power(14).
- I would say, drop 1 in AGI as not using any 7 requiring feats and put it into DEX. Then grab Grenadier. Flashbangs, Frags, EMP will be really useful and got the throwing for it 😄

Same thing of course - SI for new players is not recommended (imo). Also, get a side-arm. I would go with SMG and Spec-Ops to strip Projections(Illusions) from thought controllers and to kill raffle that get in close. Even a Rapid Muzzled 8.6mm Steelcat, will have a 12AP cost with 6DEX and 24AP to Burst - so you can burst twice without Adrenaline.

I actually plan to use 2 sniper at once (Spearhead + Corsair)  for this but that actually made more sense...  Plus I didn't know that I only need 45 for imprint and force field. Thanks for the tips :)

YoungCourier

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2021, 11:06:27 am »
Thanks to Rewratt I rebuild the sniper build :

Re-branded Kerrigan Build (Sniper + Psi)  : https://underrail.info/build/?HgUHBgUOAwbCoGAAAAAAwqBnTwBKW2o3NWIALQBGAABaK38BOcOFwq7CncKtwp4_AjV-M0s3KsKHFjEkwrXCpN-_

It will use sniper rifle (Spearhead or Corsair)  and a smg (IDK which frame is better but it will have muzzle)

One question.. I have few unused skill points which I add to traps but if there a better place to spend it then please do :) it will help :)

RewRatt

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2021, 09:59:04 pm »
Thanks to Rewratt I rebuild the sniper build :

Re-branded Kerrigan Build (Sniper + Psi)  : https://underrail.info/build/?HgUHBgUOAwbCoGAAAAAAwqBnTwBKW2o3NWIALQBGAABaK38BOcOFwq7CncKtwp4_AjV-M0s3KsKHFjEkwrXCpN-_

It will use sniper rifle (Spearhead or Corsair)  and a smg (IDK which frame is better but it will have muzzle)

One question.. I have few unused skill points which I add to traps but if there a better place to spend it then please do :) it will help :)

This already looks an extremely good Sniper build, with TM and Electrokinetic Imprint support. But I moved some stats, lowered INT and DEX, added points to CON, picked up SI instead of Tranquility. You lose Premed, but should be fine. I super optimized the skills. This is now a Dominating Easy Mode build:

https://underrail.info/build/?HgUGBgkNAwTCoFYAAAAAwoJeS0UAb282PmsALQBUAABcfwE5YgI1K34zSzfChxYxwoXCtcKkJMOFwpvCnsKt4qe-Ct-_

- Use any SMG you are comfortable with, but till Spec-Ops, 7.62 Rapid Tactical Jaguar or Steel Cat is probably best, as you still Taser and Burst in same turn.
- Craft MKIV grenades at home with bonuses.
- Unlock Constantines top inventory with Under Pie.
- Use Hypercerebrix to craft end-game gear.
- Pickpocketing for easy ammo and money (DOMINATING mainly)
- SI is there if you want it, when you are comfortable. The build will be fine without it, but it is there 😄
- Craft Infused Rathound Leather Armor for +9% Crit.
- You can use Rapid Anatomically Aware Spearhead from lvl14, when you get Critical Power. Before that, and as a Boss killer later, you can use 8.6mm AA Smart Reaper.
- Total Crit without SI active 74%: 13% Base, 5% Hardcore Chips, 7%Reckless, 7% Scrutinous, 18% Goggles, 15% Focus Stim, 9% Infused Rathound Armor, with SI: 104% - always, ambush not needed.

Basicly with SI active, you will have higher crit than your hit chance 😆 With Ambush, you will have 100% crit super early.

I am saving this build btw 😄 Have FUN!!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 08:41:51 am by RewRatt »