Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress  (Read 91510 times)

wallace

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #165 on: March 11, 2013, 06:16:12 am »
haha yeah we have to sort something out, somebody just died exactly next to where bane left us so I think you're on to something about the fluids

and the weird thing is, it's just a pool of blood they leave, no splatter or smear

one last thing, babies keep dying of thirst :/

Moving onto a happier topic, we have just run out of bolts and a siege has arrived aaand there's an elite bowman fml :(

so. much. death... :(

as if we didn't already have enough!! By the way who ever put in the weapon traps in was really smart!! They killed heaps of goblins and trolls and alligators
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 06:49:23 am by wallace »

xmorg

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 11, 2013, 07:30:05 am »
so much death... what can men do against such reckless hate?

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 11, 2013, 11:38:46 am »
These  traps are my idea :D. Good to know that they worked as intended... especially since goblin chiefs tend to charge first they also get killed off first! And that has very derimental morale effect on the surviving enemies :P.

Also, xmorg - winter is coming. With all it's glory :)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 01:55:36 pm by maheusz »

wallace

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 12, 2013, 02:51:42 am »
Ride out and meet them!

I sent out the two close combat squads and there were several casualties :'( There is soooo much armour and weapons to claim!

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 12, 2013, 06:23:45 am »
Well, since I've made a lot of high quality copper armor (yeah I know -_-')... the armor should be in the abundance - but of course the more weapons you take the more weapon traps I can create on my Death Fieldstm.

Any notable deaths? Does our alter egos are still alive? Or really, really hurt? :P

wallace

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 12, 2013, 07:07:33 am »
I don't think tooo many notable ones I know of :/ Xmorg died during the siege at the start :(

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 13, 2013, 07:15:17 am »
And are you naming new dwarves? I mean it's easier to say that Superman led the glorious charge against goblins invaders, right? :P.

The only problem I have now is how to make enough pipes to make some kind of stream/waterfall that would clean the dwarves... and possibly stop this damn infection.

edit: Or enough tombs.

wallace

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 15, 2013, 06:34:57 am »
Haha there's only been about 3 births and no migrants so not too many to name :D By the way, I've been really busy with school so I haven't finished my turn :/ and I've just been given a big history assignment so I may not be able to finish any time soon. Should I upload it where it is or would we start from the old save?

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 15, 2013, 09:43:26 am »
And how far in are you? What month?

Obviously it's xmorg call - if he wants he can finish your turn and his and then throw it to either Jeff of me.

Also no births, but three? You're a lucky man, wallace. My dwarves were f...ornicating all over the place ;P.

wallace

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 16, 2013, 05:58:51 am »
Haha maybe they're too depressed. I'm still relatively early into it (20th Felsite, Late Spring) I'll upload it anyway and xmorg can choose, I probably won't get a chance to during the week

It's uploading now. Good old New Zealand internet, it's chugging along at 75k a second -_-

Here we are: http://www.mediafire.com/?ff2dc6bfc1nwbnd

Good luck :)

...you'll need it ;)

especially with the current death rate
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 06:16:50 am by wallace »

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 18, 2013, 06:10:15 am »
So, xmorg you alive? Or something? Because we need to know how the turns should go. Or if Jeff computer is online and well :P. Because for now it seems like the topic is quite dead ;].

Yeah due to this damn epidemy then it may be that reverting to older saves should be possible (I've got most of saves anyway :P).

xmorg

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 19, 2013, 01:39:03 am »
So im playing, and focusing for now on reducing lag with a new lava dump (not created yet)
When i took over the fort, the jobs were so backlogged and there were no idlers, so im also trying to reduce the workload.

wow there are a LOT of babies....

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 19, 2013, 06:34:10 am »
So that means you started from wallace save? How's the epidemy? Many more dead?

And don't scare me, my computer was already chugging when I was playing last save :P

xmorg

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 23, 2013, 06:43:27 am »
I am primarily focused with reducing lag, and widening the catacombs.
I finally managed to bury all of the dead dwarves, and a few more died here and there.  I figured that all the troll, cave croc, and goblin corpses are useless so i lavadumped them.  Also I am currently trading with a human caravan... all of our old clothes and countless bone and stone crafts for quality goods.  Its still late summer, and all and all the fortress should be a lot cleaner, and full of children come spring.

so its late autumn now.  nothing is happening at all aside from the human caravan.  Sorry its taking me longer now...

Edit: its winter, there have been 2 trading caravans.   and now this... "merit deserves reward, we will be elevated to a colony in this land.   I have randomly chosen "Lala" the  Potter for elevation!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 12:21:48 pm by xmorg »

xmorg

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 26, 2013, 07:16:36 am »