Author Topic: [Spoiler] Medical Supplies For Mutants  (Read 6874 times)

newageofpower

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
[Spoiler] Medical Supplies For Mutants
« on: July 26, 2019, 05:43:51 pm »
Can we acquire supplies from another source? Other than the expedition? If so, how?

EDIT: Performed what I think is the most optimal route;

Step 1: Intimidate the Muties into giving you access
Step 2: After getting the arm, reroute/fix power so they get electricity

Now you didn't piss off Briggs *and* you got the friendship of the Muties.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 03:17:58 am by newageofpower »

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: [Spoiler] Medical Supplies For Mutants
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2019, 06:54:20 pm »
Becoming friendly with muties will grant you access to their shop. You'll also be able to acquire certain important information that can be very useful for dealing with Expedition's finale.

I've heard it's not the only way to get that information but cannot confirm it.

If you have enough Persuasion you can convince them to let you in before giving them supplies. It opens an option to do... something else for them and not having to deliver supplies.

There's also and option to not talk with their leader, sneak inside unnoticed and get what you want. Be careful tho as there's something you can do down there that will give muties a hint you were there without their permission.

I know of no other source of med supplies than Aegis camp.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 07:22:10 am by hilf »

fane

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2019, 07:02:41 pm »
I think the camp doctor is the only option and you have to do it then and there by radio.
I forgot about radio and went to the doctor in person. He had no dialog for supplies.
Got back to the mutant island and even if i ordered the supplies by radio i was not allowed to reenter the camp muties becoming hostile if i tried.
Maybe bug no idea.
Had to sneak in to go down .
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 07:07:36 pm by fane »

newageofpower

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2019, 07:56:16 pm »
Becoming friendly with muties will grant you access to their shop. You'll also be able to acquire certain important information that can be very useful for dealing with Expedition's finale.

I've heard it's not the only way to get that information but cannot confirm it.

If you have enough Persuasion you can convinve them to let you in before giving them supplies. It opens an option to do... something else for them and not having to deliver supplies.

There's also and option to not talk with their leader, sneak inside unnoticed and get what you want. Be careful tho as there's something you can do down there that will give muties a hint you were there without their permission.

I know of no other source of med supplies than Aegis camp.
Anything special in their shop?

Any downsides to just mowing them down with gunfire?

A Crafting/Salesman/Major Supplier build could manually grind the required amount of Charons to give the Muties what they want, but if there's not even the option...
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 07:58:17 pm by newageofpower »

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2019, 08:29:27 pm »
Mutie shop offers broadhead bolt blueprint (bleeding based bolt) and small quantities of rusting acid vial/bolts.
Rusting acid is good vs robots and can be extracted from new creatures (sea wyrms) with enough biology (80) and used in crafting with enough (80) chemistry.
Other than that - nothing special.

Megaost

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2019, 09:10:05 pm »
On the first level of the mutie base there is a rock you can climb over with 9 agility. Don't know if this is relevant to the quest as my agi is too low. Stuck here myself, I really don't want to kill the poor fuckers.

Ravager

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2019, 07:15:37 am »
I stealthed the area, even though getting the medicine was viable.

That wasn't the optimal resolution, I guess.

Tamior

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2019, 05:34:33 pm »
What I really, really dislike is that you are never actually TOLD that living their camp without giving them "something" will turn them hostile.
That's not intuitive AT ALL.
Even less intuitive is the fact that there is no turning back once you leave: even if you DO get them the meds or the generator they still go hostile if you try talking to them.

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2019, 11:15:10 am »
Another thing related to this, do you make all of Aegis hostile by just telling Doc Savage that the Chief told you it's okay to send in the supplies even though you actually didn't bother checking with the Chief?

Or did I screw something up?

Combined with the mutie hostility issue it makes this initial quest pretty darn sensitive.

Tamior

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2019, 11:46:15 am »
One other problem is that you can leave the mutant camp without ever realizing that they are now hostile to you. And than come back hours of gameplay later only to find out you are now screwed.

shario

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2019, 12:28:09 pm »
If you lie to Doc and tell him to send supplies they just half your next pay. I dont know of any other consequences.