Author Topic: [spoiler] expedition lore - conversations with dude  (Read 1753 times)

chimaera

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
[spoiler] expedition lore - conversations with dude
« on: September 01, 2019, 09:48:53 am »
One tidbit of dialogue with dude got me really curious: when asked about rift walking, he warns you about getting stuck in the in-between. He says it's like "when something sharp splits your head in two and those two halves can see each other with the one eye each one has."

Sooo... Tchort has one eye and is prime suspect to be descendent from a leviathan. Occulus is an eye (sort of) and that is where Six resides. And now I wonder whether that isn't the origin of godmen and leviathans: once upon the time a technology advanced race discovered how to travel through time & space (but they didn't have dude onboard to warn them about the dangers  :P) and became "split" when in the in-between. One half got corrupted by the void, the other remained in the light, so to speak.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 09:50:48 am by chimaera »

Zzealot

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: [spoiler] expedition lore - conversations with dude
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 10:38:03 am »
I'm more interested in who the Dude was talking to at the start of a new quest. With 10 CON, I was able to briefly interrupt their conversation, but this gives no answers.

Ravager

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 04:04:48 pm »
Well chimaera, it's always been possible that the messing around on Earth of the Godmen and Leviathans may have been responsible for the species' creation in the first place.

First, there's the speculation about Six trying to stop Tchort from becoming something powerful in the future, such as a Leviathan.

Second, there's the Faceless, who are 'half man, half god, half rock' or whatever. They are growing in sophistication, and will probably become a powerful post-human race, such as the Godmen.

Third, there is the player, about whom there is all sorts of speculation. Did he train as an agent for Oculus to infiltrate the Faceless in the near future, and then go back in time to steal it and disappear afterwards (into the future)? Did Six or Tanner kidnap the player as a newborn to train them as a blank-slate slave to carry out tasks? There's the two 'coincidental' stories of the ferrymen. Is the player just a physical manifestation of psi energy, like the beetles?

So it wouldn't surprise me to see that divisions caused by time-space traveling into Earth may have created the Godmen / Leviathans. Perhaps they were one race previously, and got split at this juncture. I don't know enough, but perhaps it would be good to collate what was learned about these aliens in the expansion.

chimaera

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2019, 04:59:42 pm »
Is the player just a physical manifestation of psi energy, like the beetles?
Ha, this would explain the Save & reload mechanics. Just like a psi beetle, the player appears from nowhere, travelling back in time! :D