Author Topic: How to gut a crab? [Expedition]  (Read 1802 times)

Megaost

• Zoner
    • View Profile
How to gut a crab? [Expedition]
« on: July 28, 2019, 09:53:39 pm »
Can ho, approacher! Really digging the Expedition so far.
This is the thing though, I'm a psi-fist dude, and these crabs are really giving me a headache. All I want to do it crack their pincers and feast on their clean, lean and absolutely delicious crab fillets.

I can't seem to do a whole lot of damage though. Even with expose weakness only the smaller ones take damage from my attacks. I have some throwing skill, so I can psy-wall cheese and throw all my HE grenades at them, but I can't escape the feeling that I'm doing things the hard way. Do they have a weakness similar to the psi-beetle open carapace?

Ploluap

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: How to gut a crab? [Expedition]
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 01:41:02 pm »
Hmm you're probably underleveled, or your build lacks power.

With my knife build i deal with them mostly with critical hits and expose weakness whenever it is available, should be the same with fists.

I hope you already have cheap shots and critical power.

Then to boost your crit chance you have for feats recklessness or survival instincts if you have 9 con, and for items focus stim medecine and infused rathound leather armor. Also high dexterity of course.

Other options i can think of : using "the claw" or vile weaponry debuff ; opportunist and stun ; shock generator fist on red crabs (psi resist it) ; using "heavy punch" and power fist module...

Maybe use metal gloves if you are only using leather ?

HE grenades are also a valid option, but that'll cost you a lot if you can only rely on them...

Finally i don"t know if the new energy module works with fists weapon and didn't test it yet with knives but it could be a valid option.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 04:43:35 pm by Ploluap »
I'm Potoldski on discord

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 12:21:01 am »
Well, there's always cave ear caltrops, crawler bear traps, and toxic gas grenades, if you just can't beat them to death.
*eurobeat intensifies*

Megaost

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 01:44:36 am »
I suppose I am probably a bit undergeared. I was hoping to not use fist weapons due to feats like improved unarmed combat which looked really powerful, but maybe I will have to wear some shock fists or something to deal with some of these mobs.

bati

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2019, 06:17:18 am »
Does neural overload work on them?

Megaost

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2019, 01:51:17 pm »
I wouldn't know   :D
Will try soon with The Claw after I do some stuff in vanilla. Seems marginally higher on damage even without the proc in spite of fewer attack available.