Author Topic: Thoughts on 5/5 spec'ed disassemble.  (Read 8300 times)

tyrtix

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on 5/5 spec'ed disassemble.
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2019, 02:16:13 pm »
tbh, most players plays by knowing already how many enemies and what kind of them they can find around, so after the first run, you get a great advantage from that. As i said elsewhere, based on the game mechanics, there are areas in wich you simply have either to know the enemy, or you need to reload.
You yourself later on point out that going into a new zone in stealth is also a perfectly viable third option.

The point is: if i have to make a build only to beat dominating if i don't want to reload, then there's no more "difficulty" added, it becomes all specific to what you need to do to win, it's like a chess game where you already know all the enemy moves, pretty easy.

Tamior

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on 5/5 spec'ed disassemble.
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2019, 02:56:11 pm »
tbh, most players plays by knowing already how many enemies and what kind of them they can find around, so after the first run, you get a great advantage from that. As i said elsewhere, based on the game mechanics, there are areas in wich you simply have either to know the enemy, or you need to reload.
You yourself later on point out that going into a new zone in stealth is also a perfectly viable third option.

The point is: if i have to make a build only to beat dominating if i don't want to reload, then there's no more "difficulty" added, it becomes all specific to what you need to do to win, it's like a chess game where you already know all the enemy moves, pretty easy.
Eh?
1) You can start playing on dominating with limited reloads well before you've "seen every location" in the game. And whenever you go to a location you haven't seen (or don't remember), you know nothing about it ahead of time.
2) Even in locations you have seen before, enemy position, turn order and actual actions they take vary greatly. It is like chess in that you know how pieces can move, sure. But in no way you "know all the enemy moves", not even close.
3) They are plenty of actual random elements in the game (initiative rolls, actual hit and damage rolls, equipment you can find, random encounters, random dungeons, etc, etc).
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 02:58:29 pm by Tamior »