Author Topic: Unrealistic stealth  (Read 1286 times)

popopo

• Noob
    • View Profile
Unrealistic stealth
« on: January 02, 2016, 11:45:39 pm »
Hi everyone.

I really like playing stealth but I find it just a little bit unrealistic. I really enjoy thinking about tactics I would use, but I do not need to take care about dead bodies laying around. It is even more funny when there are some guards walking on their routes between dead friends which I killed a few moments earlier.

Is it even considered to be changed in the near future?

Mac Orion

• Developer
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Unrealistic stealth
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 04:29:28 pm »
As for now, no, sure it breaks immersion, but we will take such stuff into consideration in the future

ShadowRun

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Unrealistic stealth
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 12:37:49 pm »
The same thing would apply to doors, lifts, filing cabinets, ventilation ducts, etc. all being opened / activated / etc. by unseen ghosts.

An easy way for the mechanics to handle this would be that any time such a "clue" is observed by an NPC, treat it as though a security camera went red on the scene. That way a flood of NPCs will converge on the clue location, mill about, and then wander off if none of them detect or Bump! the stealthed character. This already happens if you let of a TNT within sight of NPCs but don't manage to damage any of them - they wander over to see if there's anything to see.