Author Topic: Where to in, act two?  (Read 1366 times)

SadBaxter

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Where to in, act two?
« on: May 13, 2015, 12:54:41 pm »
Just reached act 2 in this game at last (well, it's not explicitly stated to be such but it feels like it) and I'm kind of paralyzed by indecision insofar as options go. I've got camp hathor, the battery plant, core city and the faceless all to choose from, plus now I can go exploring some of the previous dead ends with explosives.

What did you guys do first at this point? Camp hathor and the battery plant seem to be sidequesty areas whereas dealing with the faceless seems to be the way the story progresses, am I right to assume that?

The lack of an ingame map isn't helping, and although the one on the wiki is helpful it's still confusing trying to fit everything together...

Gman

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Where to in, act two?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 03:08:47 pm »
The Faceless, as you put it, is related but.... well, how spoilery do you want things, really?  Can explain it but want to be kinda sure how much you want to hear.  The Battery Plant and Hathor are nice because they indeed more sidequests than much else.  Hathor is also nice to go to because then you can start accessing their boat dock, which I always kinda preferred to trains.

The wiki map will make sense once you've actually been further into the game.  If you're new, go on and do the battery plant and hathor stuff, but be aware you might not be have the skills to easily Finish the Hathor questline, as the last guy and his area may be problematic if you don't have traps/persuasion.

Me? I, hrm, I probably did those two side quests, and then trail-blazed walking paths to the other main hubs, such as Rail Crossing, Foundry, and Core City.  You can take trains, but for first times, I always liked walking first, to in part clear out/loot things en route and sell when reaching the destination.  The under tunnels, where Lurkers are, were also fun to clear out and easily traversed long distances with them (It is hilariously fast to get to Core City if you know where to go in the walkway tunnels).  The Faceless situation at Rail Crossing is not a bad choice, either.

Just be aware, that if an a situation seems too difficult, you can always just back off, go xp something else and return after a few levels when you got more skills/better equipment. 

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 01:03:29 am »
At this point I'm beginning to drown in backtracking, so my brain boiling, and I stop to play. :(

LightningMonk

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 02:04:37 am »
The first thing I ever did when the alpha opened up post Junkyard was to load up on TNT and head to the caves for some exploring. my first inclination in most games is to ignore what they tell you to do and see how far you can get before I get horribly killed/bored.

Camp Hathor and battery plant is good place to begin. Battery plant is well...interesting and doesn't require a level character. The ultimate quest for Camp Hathor can be very difficult out of the gate.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 02:16:31 am by LightningMonk »