Author Topic: Rifle/Psi Build  (Read 5040 times)

T888

• Noob
    • View Profile
Rifle/Psi Build
« on: December 25, 2015, 03:38:10 am »
Greetings,

I have played a little bit with a pure caster character (only 3 levels) and I had a lot of fun...  is it possible to make a build that is both psi powerful and capable of at least basic rifle functionality? Basically I like caster type characters and science... so psy and crafting is a no brainer... but guns seem quite cool in this game... I would like to be able to craft my own rifles and carry them as a sort of back up weapon.

I guess what I am asking is... what are the minimum stats to be able to effectively wield rifles in this game? I figure 7 STR (I would take the feat that increases psy damage with each point of strenght over 5) and 5 Perception is enough? I wouldnt take any gun feats and I would always keep the gun skill at maximum... Agility and Dex 3, Con 4, Will and Int 9.

Skill wise.... I dont really care for stealth or the social skills.. so its basically gun, all three psy skills, hacking and lockpick... now on tech... is biology necessary? I dont quite enjoy buff potions but making my own psy and health potions is cool... I figure mech, electro and tailor are all good for crafting guns and armors and such.

Anyway thanks for any input you can give me.. I just dont want to have to restart mid game because my char is too weak.. but I also dont want to look at all the cool guns and not be able to use them.

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Rifle/Psi Build
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 04:26:16 am »
I can't speak for rifle viabillity in a psi build since I haven't really played for a long time, but I used to incorporate crossbows since they were always a good complement.

They have good range, require no strenght whatsoever and have the special bolts. The basi attack can be used as a compliment if you are low on psi and the electric bolts are great for extra stuns.

The reason I'm advising crossbows is simple, While it may be possible to incorporate rifles, it will require extra stats to be diverted from somewhere else and usually it's not good to spread too thin.

Siwy

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 12:46:10 pm »
Hi, I'm making a mainly psi character, but I would also be able to use some rifles. You know, not like 50%/50% psi/rifle but mainly psi with ability to shot. I was wondering about stats like that:

S 5
D 3
A 3
C 7 (for better survivalibity and because of further psi path- psychosis)
P 6
W 9
I 7

For feats I would choose snooping- I would like to explore more, especialy with oddity gameplay and fast metabolism.

What do you think about that? Should I invest more in strenght to use assault rifles?

Yonaiker

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 01:05:09 am »
Hi, I'm making a mainly psi character, but I would also be able to use some rifles. You know, not like 50%/50% psi/rifle but mainly psi with ability to shot. I was wondering about stats like that:

S 5
D 3
A 3
C 7 (for better survivalibity and because of further psi path- psychosis)
P 6
W 9
I 7

For feats I would choose snooping- I would like to explore more, especialy with oddity gameplay and fast metabolism.

What do you think about that? Should I invest more in strenght to use assault rifles?

If you are taking Thought Control get Will to 10 to get Locus of Control, never used assault rifles but 6 strength should be enough for most of them, the rest would be spent on will to improve psi damage or increase cons until 9 to take Survival Instincts.